Trendpop is looking for a Frontend Engineer to build software that helps anyone go viral on social media. This person will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the Trendpop frontend web clients that are used by our customers every day to discover, understand, and create trends on social video platforms. They will work closely with the engineering team to translate the powerful data and insights from Trendpop Core into delightful and intuitive web interfaces. They will also own the entire UI/UX design lifecycle, from wireframing prototypes to shipping a polished, easy-to-use product that users love. This person should be excited to work in a tiny but effective engineering team in a fast-paced startup. He or she will be given broad autonomy to tackle the toughest user interface challenges we face every day!
About Trendpop (YC W21)
Trendpop (YC W21) is on a mission to help anyone go viral on social video platforms. We’re a deeply technical team that has taken a data-first approach to this problem: our core engine has collected over a billion social video posts that are analyzed with state-of-the-art algorithms to reverse engineer the recommendation algorithms that power virality. Our flagship product, Trendpop For Music, helps music marketers find, understand, and create the social video trends that propel releases into the Billboard Hot 100. Trendpop For Music is currently used by marketers at major and independent labels alike, representing some of the biggest musical acts in the world. We’re now working on our next product, Trendpop for Creators, a tool that helps social video creators grow their audience with data-driven insights.
In 2022, Trendpop was acquired by Collab, the #1 Creator network on TikTok. With hundreds of TikTok creators on Collab’s roster, Collab generates 30+ billion views per month to an audience of 2+ billion followers.
Duties & Essential Functions
- Own the end-to-end product design, front-end development, and day-to-day maintenance of a Trendpop web client.
- Work directly with internal teammates and external customers to prioritize / adapt the frontend product over time to keep up with the needs of a fast-scaling software business.
- Lead the UI/UX design culture on the Trendpop product / engineering team and be the "voice of UI/UX" in critical product decisions.
Skills & Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience building complex web applications using RESTful HTTP APIs.
- Mastery of at least one modern frontend framework, such as React, Redux, or NextJS.
- Experience running a UI/UX web design process, from wireframing prototypes to shipping a polished product.
- Nice to have: Mastery of at least one modern back end web development language, such as Python or Ruby.
- Nice to have: Experience working as an engineer in a startup.
About Us: Collab is the technology partner and entertainment network for the creators driving internet culture. We provide software, sales, and services to help the world’s top social video creators reach their full potential creatively and financially. Focusing on the success of creators, we’ve built one of the most watched entertainment networks in the world bringing laughs and inspiration to the majority of all Gen-Z and Millennials in the US across YouTube, TikTok, Instagram and Facebook.
Read Full Job Description