Frontend Engineer (Remote) at Tessian
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:06 p.m. (CST) on Saturday, May 7, 2022
Tessian protects every business’s mission by securing the human layer 💫
We're building intelligent security that works for human beings as they are, not how security policies would like them to be. Using machine learning technology, Tessian automatically predicts and eliminates advanced threats on email caused by human error - like data exfiltration, accidental data loss, business email compromise and phishing attacks - with minimal disruption to employees' workflow. As a result, employees are empowered to do their best work, without security getting in their way. You can read more about Human Layer Security here.
Tessian has raised a $74m Series C led by renowned security investors, March Capital (Crowdstrike, Knowbe4), with follow-on from Sequoia, Accel, Balderton, Latitude, Okta, Sozo, Citi & Schroder Adveq, to further our mission to secure the human layer.
Founded in 2013, Tessian is backed by world-class venture capital investors, has hubs in London, San Francisco, Boston, and Austin, and London, and is one of the Top-3 2021 Best Places to Work for Women.
Frontend at Tessian
At Tessian, our mission is to keep the world’s most sensitive data and systems private and secure. Our platform uses machine intelligence to understand human communication at scale, allowing us to protect some of the world’s largest organisations from threats executable by humans. From a Frontend perspective, we have two main challenges at Tessian: concisely communicating security insights from millions of data points back to our clients through analytics and dashboards, and ensuring all our users find our portal easy to use, despite its industry-leading level of sophistication and flexibility.
We are building a Design System and component library using a modern stack consisting of TypeScript, React, Emotion and Styled System. As a Frontend Engineer, you will play an integral part helping us to finish the migration and achieve consistency, great user experience and great developer experience.
Frontend Stack Snapshot
- Css-in-JS / Emotion / Styled-System
- Python 3
- Docker / CI Pipelines
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Is a great problem solver who takes pride in their work
- Enjoys the challenge of working with and presenting summaries of large datasets
- Has passion for learning new skills and technologies
- Has ideally worked on large, complex Enterprise dashboards before
- Is ideally equally comfortable working on frontend and backend tasks
Why we think you'll love it here 😍....
It’s important to us that all Tessians are part of the journey we’re on, so we offer equity options with every role and benchmark to provide above market rate salaries - there’s plenty more too….
Be at your best, both inside and outside of work
• 25 days of paid holiday (plus 8 bank holidays, and an additional day for every year you've worked at Tessian!)
• Private health insurance provided through Vitality Health and mental health support through our Employee Assistance Program
• Up to 60 days of working abroad, limited to 30 days per trip a year
• Spill - employee mental health support through Slack
• Classpass - subsided access to gym time and classes all across London
• Choice First: Do your best work, in the way that works best for you
• Flexible working hours and working from home (if you're not already remote!)
• Work-from-home subsidy upon joining, so you can kit out your home office
• Enhanced pension contributions, matched up to 5%
• We’re family friendly, with policies built to support you in all stages of life
• High-quality tech kit provided for you to work on, plus Tessian ANC headphones
• If you're relocating to join the team, we'll provide a contribution to help with your costs
• Elite membership of the Tessian House System...
• Every other Wednesday we get together to share team updates and drinks
• Monthly team socials & a big, whole company extravaganza every quarter
• Never-ending ping-pong tournaments
,,,and here are another 200 reasons!
Equality & diversity ⚖️
Our mission to empower and protect people is a reflection of two of our values: Human First and We Do the Right Thing. For us, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is also a reflection of these core values.
As a human first company, we are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where all our Tessians have the opportunity to thrive. We strive for a better Tessian, and a better world. We're working inside and outside Tessian to improve diversity and equity in our industry, and foster an environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging.
Our strategy touches each part of a Tessian’s life cycle, from applicant to employee, ensuring that we keep DEI at the core of every point in our candidate and employee experience. Read more about our DEI commitments here.
Obligatory small print
Please note that we do not accept applications or résumés from recruiters. Any unsolicited CVs, profiles, or names, submitted in any format, by any channel, to any of our team, will be deemed to fall outside any terms and/or conditions with either the person submitting the information or their company of employment/representation.
Please note, that any job offers will be subject to the candidate passing background screening checks.
We're a #LI-Remote company offering Choice First working practices where possible.
More Information on Tessian
Tessian operates in the Big Data industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA, Austin, TX and Boston, MA. Tessian was founded in 2013. It has 238 total employees. To see all 31 open jobs at Tessian, click here.
Read Full Job Description