Frontend Engineer at Restaurant Brands International (Miami, FL)
About Restaurant Brands International:
Restaurant Brands International Inc. is one of the world's largest quick service restaurant companies with more than $35 billion in annual system-wide sales and over 28,000 restaurants in more than 100 countries. RBI owns four of the world's most prominent and iconic quick service restaurant brands – TIM HORTONS®, BURGER KING®, POPEYES® and FIREHOUSE SUBS®. These independently operated brands have been serving their respective guests, franchisees and communities for decades. Through its Restaurant Brands for Good framework, RBI working towards its goal of improving sustainable outcomes related to its food, the planet, and people and communities.
As a Frontend Engineer at RBI for our POS team, you will develop React applications for our restaurants across all our brands in multiple regions, which serve tens of millions of guests per day and process hundreds of thousands of daily orders. You will work with your scrum team's product owner to define solutions for our developing business needs and oversee the completion of key initiatives. You will also be responsible for helping to define our React best practices and for mentoring junior engineers.
- Develop React applications in TypeScript
- Work with a scrum team to ship new product features
- Help define frontend architecture and best practices
- Mentor more junior engineers
- 5+ years of professional experience in software engineering
- Ability to independently define technical solutions from business requirements
- Strong communication skills and drive to mentor team members
- 4+ years of professional experience with React or similar frameworks
- HTML5/CSS3 and experience with CSS in JS solutions
- Experience with GraphQL and Rest
- Experience with profiling and performance tuning of large React applications