At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
You are a Frontend Engineer who crafts delightful web interfaces, designs, prototypes new and innovative experiences, and implements features while advocating for UX.
Here's a brief look at what success looks like in this role:
*In 3 months time- you'll have collaborated with the team to build and have shipped a material contribution such as a new feature, regularly contributed to code reviews, and fixed a new bugs.
*In 6 months time- you'll have earned the trust of the team and have taken on independent code review responsibilities while collaborating on the design of new features.
*In 12 months time- you'll have delivered tasks through the entire SDLC, from design through development with some guidance and have established a cadence of on-time delivery with high-quality work.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Collaborate with product managers and backend engineers to own, build, iterate, and ship new features to enhance the cloud products user experience
- Collaborate with frontend engineers across teams to collaborate on design decisions and standardize methodologies
- Write various kinds of tests including unit and Cypress integration tests
- Write and review technical proposals
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Program mostly in TypeScript, and learning from and contributing to a team committed to continually improving their skills
- Key technologies this role will employ: TypeScript, React, Redux, CSS and CSS-in-JS, Cypress, Functional Programming, Go (Golang), Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, GCP, Grafana, Prometheus, Alert Manager, Thanos, Terraform, Vault, Couchbase Server, Datadog
- You are able to knowledgeably discuss performance, security, and user interactions within complex systems
- You love to build delightful and accessible user experiences using web technologies
- You enjoy working remote with people from all over the world
- You care deeply about software quality and operability, and better ways of building software
- Value clear, open communication. We value thoughtful feedback, regular dialogue, and collaboration as fundamental skills on our team.
At Couchbase, we believe data is at the heart of the enterprise. We empower developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most mission-critical applications. Couchbase delivers a high-performance, flexible and scalable modern database that runs across the data center and any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on.
As a 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work winner, Couchbase recognizes the need for time off when you need it. Enjoy unlimited time off (DTO), matching 401K contributions, ESPP and many other amazing benefits. See more of our recent awards to learn what makes Couchbase such a great company to work at.
Learn more about Couchbase and our technical capabilities:
* Compare Couchbase vs. MongoDB
* Compare Couchbase vs. Oracle
* Browse the Developer Portal
Couchbase is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
By using this website and submitting your information, you acknowledge our Candidate Privacy Notice and understand your personal information may be processed in accordance our Candidate Privacy Notice.
More Information on Couchbase
Couchbase operates in the Database industry. The company is located in Santa Clara, CA and San Francisco, CA. Couchbase was founded in 2009. It has 700 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 30 open jobs at Couchbase, click here.
Read Full Job Description