Frontend Developer - Marketplace at Paxful (Remote)
Paxful is the people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Imagine a world where everyone has equal access to finance, no matter who they are, or where they’re from. We're building it. Our mission is to empower the forgotten four billion unbanked, so they have control of their money in a way they've never had before.
Working across three offices in different time zones, the Paxful team serves our amazing community of 4 million strong. We build for people, not profits, and consider ourselves to be everyday heroes who don’t wear capes or masks. That’s why we launched Built with Bitcoin, a charitable initiative that aims to build 100 schools, water facilities, and entrepreneurial incubators in emerging markets all over the world. We want to show that bitcoin can have a positive impact and make real changes in the lives of people everywhere.
Paxful is searching for a Senior Frontend developer who is great at UI development and API Integrations to join our marketplace Team. This role will develop and extend functionality for the marketplace product. You will be based out of Russia and report to our Engineering Director.
As a key member of our team, your responsibilities will entail:
- Design Build & Maintain: to design build and maintain react applications
- Quality: Write clean, secure, maintainable, testable and module code
- Collaboration: Work collaboratively with product managers, designers, engineers
- Performance: Solve complex performance issues and architectural challenges
- Mentorship: Perform code reviews and provide feedback to the team
- Take initiative: point out inconsistencies or mistakes they see on the platform
The most important skill and capabilities for this role are:
- Ability to communicate with distributed team
- Ability to estimate the tasks and make the decomposition of tasks
- Ability to provide technical input to the planning, design, and requirements gathering process for new products and product features
- Improve the performance, maintainability, and operations of our code base by engaging in refactoring and upgrade projects
- 2+ years of commercial web development experience
- Framework: Next.js (React + Typescript)
- Styles: css-modules (css in js nice to have)
- Testing: Cypress, testing library, jest
- State management: Redux, redux-observable, redux-toolkit
- Build tools: webpack, rollup
- PHP development (nice to have)
What We Offer
- Gym membership, massage, chiropractor, or other reimbursements (personal training, dance classes, etc.)
- Learning and development reimbursement (including online courses, certifications, conferences, seminars, etc.)
- Working at a fast-growing, innovative company
- Competitive salary, bonuses and annual salary indexing
- Flexible working hours and co-working space in the City centre
- Company provide laptop and additional equipment
Diversity & Inclusion at Paxful
At Paxful, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and are looking for someone who can help continue to lead that process.
EEOC and Accommodations
Paxful is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
We’re also committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need any kind of accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, you can reach out to [email protected] and let us know how we can best help you.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full Privacy Notice is available at https://paxful.com/privacy-notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.