Pluralsight is hiring experienced, mid-level, front-end programmers. Our stack: React, Python/Django, Postgres on AWS. We are looking for very strong front-end React.js skills. Your primary focus will be on developing user interface components and visualizations. You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust, accurately tested, and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on multiple layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a dedication to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
Who you are
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and can communicate asynchronously effectively. We are fully remote so good communication is key to our success.
- You have demonstrated a deep concern for the psychological safety, welfare, and success of your team and the entire organization.
- You have shown that you are a strong collaborator, a trusted teammate, and are skilled at resolving conflict.
- You work well on a team
- You value the contributions of those around you and while you regularly provide valuable engineering leadership. You also embrace opportunities to let other team members lead and make decisions.
- You have a sense of humor. We work hard, but we like to keep things light.
- You work well on a team (yes, it's that important)
What you'll own
This is a standard software development job, so all the usual duties apply: write code, test code, review code, do tickets, occasional meetings for requirements (we keep it really light), and provide feedback on new product specifications. The basic job is: develop user-facing features, build reusable components and front-end libraries, translate designs and wireframes into high quality code, write tests, repeat. Your familiarity with RESTful APIs and code versioning tools - particularly Git will be essential! Proven ability to optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers will also be a necessity in this position.
Experience you'll need
At least 3 years of commercial (read: daily, hands-in-the-code on platforms with thousands of users) experience developing in React.js. A strong understanding of user research and human-centered design.
- An analytical approach to testing new features.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to speak on a technical level and communicate clearly with team members.
Bonus points if you have experience in ...
- Django Rest Framework
- Microservices CI/CD
- Experience with visualization libraries