By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Here at Trello, we celebrate the many ways we work. With a team of over one hundred, we connect from Atlanta co-working spaces, Minnesota forests, Hawaii beaches and our beautiful headquarters in Manhattan. We expect our developers to contribute more than just code. You’ll be involved in defining how things work, what they do, and why we do that instead of something else. We also expect you to share your knowledge and expertise with everyone else. In other words, we’re all whole humans and expect the same from you. If that interests you, read on to learn more about the role.
- Work directly with product managers, designers and developers on features for the Trello web application.
- Build client code that is fast, testable, and high quality.
- Iterate quickly based on user feedback.
- Experience with modern testing frameworks (e.g., Jest, Cypress, Mocha, Chai)
- You’re passionate about understanding user problems and working with a team to ship and iterate on great solutions.
- You strive to write code that lasts for years, not months.
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Our developers and designers run the show and are very influential in decision making. We hire creative people and give them the autonomy to do great work. We're strongly against artificial separations of responsibility and throwing work "over the wall."
- Our office is in New York City (but you don't have to be).
- We built Trello to be a remarkably great place to work.
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with large scale single page web applications
- Experience engineering software systems of medium-to-large scope and complexity
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g., XP, Scrum)
It's great, but not required if you have:
More about our benefits:
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favorite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.