Front End Software Engineer - Buyer at Opendoor (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:07 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, July 13, 2022
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team
The Buyer team helps consumers purchase a home—either an Opendoor home or a home listed on the MLS (homes not owned by Opendoor). They build delightful products that give customers an edge in winning the home of their dreams. The organization consists of product teams who work closely with product managers, designers, user researchers, and data scientists to experiment and deliver new features to buyers.
Buyer team(s) looking for a Frontend Software Engineer:
The Winning Offers team builds Opendoor Backed Offers and helps customers improve the chances of submitting a successful cash offer on their dream home. We work on everything from educating consumers on the product’s value proposition to the operational components of running and expanding the program's eligibility.
We’re seeking a Software Engineer passionate about building the future of real estate transactions. At Opendoor we handle billions of dollars of home sales every year, and our team is building a simpler, more transparent experience for buying and selling your home. Every engineer at Opendoor has an outsized impact, owning their projects from start to finish, reaching tens of thousands of customers every month and growing quickly with the company.
The Core team works to improve the foundational platforms and components of our buyer-facing consumer products (both frontend and backend), allowing the other product-focused teams to move faster in serving their customers. We execute the long-term technical vision for Buyer, working to standardize and consolidate the tech stack in order to better leverage the Opendoor platform.
- Making user-facing products that will empower our customers with the freedom to move by making the home selling process simple
- Rapidly iterating with customers, designers and product managers to product market fit and prioritize engineering work that will have the highest impact
- Guiding the team in making intelligent and pragmatic technical trade-offs
- Becoming a domain expert in real estate
- 6+ years of track record in building and delivering production quality software systems
- Broad understanding of the whole engineering stack, with deep knowledge of frontend technologies
- Focus on rapid delivery without sacrificing technical excellence
- Care for modular, performant, and testable code
- A sense of ownership and a passion for delighting customers through innovation and creative solutions to complex problems
Bonus Points if
- Experience with front-end technologies, including React and React Native
- Experience with GraphQL, Go, Python, or Ruby
- Familiarity with AWS infrastructure, Docker and Kubernetes
- A passion for learning new technologies and different ways to solve problems
- You love delighting customers with honest, transparent products and experiences
For CO Residents Only, and in accordance with C.R.S. Sec. 8-5-101 et seq., the estimated base salary range for this role is $118,000 - $212,000 per year. The estimated range is meant to reflect an anticipated salary range for the position in question based upon market data and other factors, all of which are subject to change. Individual pay is based upon location, skills and expertise, experience, and other relevant factors. For questions about this, our pay philosophy, and other available benefits, please speak to the recruiter if you decide to apply for the role and are selected for an interview.
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
• Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
• Flexible vacation policy
• Generous parental leave
• Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness
Read Full Job Description