Front End Engineer at RollKall (Dallas, TX)
Rollkall is the law enforcement industry’s only comprehensive off-duty management solution, bringing transparency to off-duty security by connecting every stakeholder in the process. We help connect our communities by fostering positive relationships among businesses, local police officers, and law enforcement agencies. Rollkall makes it easy for businesses to hire off-duty police officers, for officers to find high-quality off-duty jobs near them, and for law enforcement agencies and coordinators to run world-class off-duty programs with technology that makes it easy and transparent for everybody.
RollKall is looking for a high performing, motivated, creative engineer to join our Front-End Engineering team. This role will involve contributing to and maintaining our ecosystem of software solutions for multiple end users utilizing a variety of technologies.
As an active member of our Front-End team, you will help contribute to our existing products meeting our internal and industry standards, maintain existing solutions, and assist in modernizing legacy code. You will get to work with a rapidly growing diverse team to bring new features online, while also continuing to improve and innovate in a dynamic environment.
Our core front-end web products utilize a mix of modern JS frameworks including React and Vue, while our mobile application is built using React Native. All of these products interface with our Microsoft .Net API and are hosted on Azure.
- Build, implement and maintain software solutions to meet business and customer needs utilizing industry standard tools and management systems
- Participate in the team code review process to ensure code meets internal best practices and coding standards
- Turn initial UI/UX designs into functional prototypes that help solve user problems
- Flexibility to work both in team collaborations and independently with minimal guidance
- Take accountability and drive individual projects to completion
- Help test the implementation of features to ensure they meet initial requirements
- Awareness of current front-end development standards, including Accessibility, Responsiveness, Performance, UX
- Experience and understanding of core modern JS and frameworks (React.js, Vue)
- Knowledge of or experience with modern E2E testing frameworks such as Cypress
- Familiarity with common development tools such as Git for version control, Webpack, Yarn/NPM
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, utilizing JIRA for task management
- Eagerness to jump in and actively contribute to improving a growing product
RollKall Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.