Front End Engineer at FLASH
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:14 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, March 24, 2022
FLASH is looking for a Front End Engineer to help deliver on our mission to free consumers from the hassles of everyday travel by making it faster and easier to get where you need to go, so they can focus on the destination.
Focusing on our consumer products (the ParkWhiz/BestParking website, React-based widget, and web-based tools for consumers and partners focused on parking and EV charging) the Front End Engineer will help us build the best possible experience for our customers and partners while also helping us advance the codebase to the next level. We’re insanely customer-focused and excited for you to join the team and help us lead the charge.
What we're looking for
- Experience with React, webpack, and a package manager such as Yarn or Npm
- A strong understanding of HTML, CSS/SCSS, and browser rendering
- Strong familiarity with the ecosystem of front end frameworks such as lodash and moment and some experience leveraging frameworks within a project
- Familiarity with TypeScript
- Highly collaborative in the planning and grooming stages, our engineers help define the products that we build
- Shipping clean, testable code that any developer on any team could quickly get up to speed
- Strong Computer Science background, preferably with a degree
Your typical day
- Attend the morning platform team stand with folks from product management, engineering, design, UX and QA
- Work with those same folks on product development from the current sprint
- Perform technical spiking for a future initiative
- Use Slack to collaborate with your teammates and other folks throughout the organization
- Perform a code review for a recently submitted pull request
- Ship code and celebrate
Who you'll be working with
- Our engineering team is 50 strong. As a member of the web team, you will be working with engineers and product managers from the Core, iOS, Android, Recommendations Engine, and parking operating system teams. Your work will be both to support our core systems, as well as the new product development efforts of our web and mobile products.
Read Full Job Description