StackHawk helps software developers find and fix security vulnerabilities before they deploy code to production. Every modern software development organization has shifted from quarterly releases to daily or hourly releases, incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD). In the modern world of FinTech, HealthTech, cloud analytics and AI platforms, customers are entrusting their most critical data to software providers. Periodic manual security testing by an external team is simply too risky. Because of this, modern software development organizations are extending CI/CD to encompass Continuous Application and API Security Testing. This way, security can “shift left,” meaning vulnerabilities can be detected while the developer is actively working on the code.
StackHawk recently announced its Series B fundraise, and with this funding, will continue to invest in maintaining the market-leading position in developer-first API security testing, and support rapid customer and employee growth. Application and API security is an exciting market, where more than 43% of global decision makers are looking to implement dynamic application security testing during software development, and where companies will spend more than $3B in 2022 on application security testing products - which represents a massive opportunity for StackHawk. StackHawk is building out a team of leaders and team members that will capitalize on market pull, and enable growth-phase scale of the business.
Are you a skilled front-end engineer, looking for an opportunity to build awesome tools for developers? Can you get excited about revolutionizing application security? Are you willing to tolerate ridiculous bird puns? If you answered “yes!” to all of these questions, you should keep reading about an exciting opportunity at StackHawk.
StackHawk’s Engineering team is growing, and we’re looking for a talented Front End Engineer to join our team and help develop our core product. In this role, you will work directly with members of our skilled Product Development team to build front-end product features on our innovative tech stack. You’ll be a key member of a growing team that is revolutionizing application security by reducing complexity, providing actionable recommendations, and empowering software engineers to take control of their application security. This position will directly contribute to StackHawk’s goal of identifying and remediating app vulnerabilities in the CI/CD pipeline. If you enjoy the challenge of building compelling, easy-to-use functionality for developers on a modern stack, this is the role for you.
What You'll Do
- Work collaboratively with engineers, UX designers, product managers and other stakeholders
- Build web-based product features using technologies such as React, Redux, TypeScript, Storybook, Jekyll, Gatsby, Contentful, RESTful APIs, Kotlin and Kubernetes
- Build front-end interfaces in a modern, cloud-based microservices architecture
- Build automated tests to ensure high quality
- Help set standards and coding practices for web application development
- Impress your friends with your newfound knowledge of application security concepts, such as Remote OS Command Injection
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all the things you'll do
- 3-5+ years of experience in SaaS front-end or web application development
- Proficient in modern UI frameworks like Angular, React, VueJS, etc.
- Proficient in modern web app technologies HTML5 and CSS and its preprocessors Sass and Less
- Experience with UI testing frameworks and technologies such as Jest, React Testing Library, Mocha, Jasmine, Selenium, Cypress, Playwright, etc.
- Experience using and updating REST APIs
- Experience building both desktop and mobile-friendly web interfaces
- Obsessive about automation
- Interest in growing your leadership skills as opportunities arise
- Excellent communicator. Has experience presenting technical concepts and demos to a non-technical audience.
- Experience partnering with product managers and designers, and working on a collaborative, cross-functional agile team.
- Persuasive - Bring others to their point of view using logic, data, and emotion. Have a formal process and framework by which to make qualitative and quantitative points, not just using emotional appeals
- Accountable - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that they're involved in
- Self Motivated - Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others
- Focused - achieve what they set out to do before launching new initiatives. Complete company-linked goals and tasks, not simply be busy and active
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals. Knows that security is a supporting function of any business and the difference between binary security and scale security
- Competitive Compensation: Earn a competitive salary and get an equity stake in the company that we are building together.
- Solid Benefits: Health, dental, and vision insurance 100% paid for employees and dependents. Other benefits include life insurance, AD&D, and 401K.
- Time to Recharge Encouraged: Take what you need vacation plus ten paid holidays! Unplug, recharge, and come back refreshed.
- Fun Team and Perks: We do great work and have fun doing it! We take care of our employees… We’ll contribute to your WFH setup and hook you up with occasional at-home perks. Plus, work with a team that loves to have fun while doing our work!
- Place Where Your Work Matters and You Grow: As a Series B company, your work shapes the product that we are building. Nothing beats arriving at work every day knowing that your work deeply matters, and there is no better opportunity to grow in your career.
The salary range for this role is $90k to $140k, or commensurate with experience.
At StackHawk, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hawks) to do the best work of their lives. With our roots beginning in downtown Denver Colorado, we have many folks based in the Mountain time zone with the rest of our Hawks working remotely across the United States
We are also committed to keeping Hawks healthy, motivated, focused, and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
StackHawk is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!