Front End Engineer - Tableau Embedded & Extensions (Direct Hire or Contract to Hire)
phData provides end-to-end services for machine learning and data analytics. Our services and software are used by the world's largest companies to solve their most challenging data problems. We enjoy the work we do and it's reflected in high-quality solutions that provide value to our clients and our communities.
Joining the team at phData means giving yourself the opportunity to do your most exciting work. We invest in you; our bootcamp, advanced learning, paid certifications and professional development platforms help accelerate your learning and growth. While we're growing extremely fast, we maintain a casual, high-growth, remote-first work environment. We hire top performers and give you the autonomy to deliver results.
phData is a Tableau Premier Services Partner proud of our experienced team of Tableau Visionaries, Analysts and Consultants. Our consulting services emphasize analytics enablement, data visualization, data preparation, and data science. We specialize in Tableau, Alteryx, Snowflake and other emerging technology partners.
Front End Developer
We’re looking for a creative, experienced, and motivated web developer with a passion for data to join our team and support the building of new products, embedded Tableau dashboards and seamless web portals to support integrated, interactive and visual analytics for internal stakeholders and customers alike.
We are always encouraging innovative ideas and will assist you in turning an idea into a concept and finally into a product. In addition, questions often come in from customers from all over the world, asking for new features or suggesting ideas. Part of your job is to solve these inquiries, as it results in happy customers. And lastly, you get to collaborate on every facet of the company including Analytics, Marketing, Engineering.
This role is ideal if you have entrepreneurial and investigative skills. You see opportunities and start working on them immediately. You communicate well with the team and you look out for each other. You are technically skilled but always think from the user’s perspective.
- Develop Tableau embedded accelerators
- Develop extensions for Tableau or other analytical platforms
- Deliver on project-based consulting engagements; help clients develop analytical requirements
- Create reporting and data visualization solutions
- Analyze, troubleshoot and / or tune product performance or deployment issues when required
- Support or assist with backlog support and development
- 5-7 years in overall experience including 3+ years relevant work experience in website, UI design API development
- Knowledge of modern web frameworks, databases and structured development (components, GIT, SCRUM)
- Demonstrated expertise in data literacy
- Exceptional customer facing skills, including but not limited to communication skills and project management skills
- Strong problem solving skills with a passion for learning and mastering new technologies, techniques, and processes
- Previous experience leveraging analytics, business intelligence and API’s to build a seamless integrated web experience
- 1+ year Tableau working knowledge/experience or interest to learn
Why phData? We offer:
- Enjoy our Remote-First Workplace and award-winning culture which prizes autonomy, creativity, and diversity
- Competitive compensation, generous vacation (4 weeks PTO + 10 paid holidays) and excellent benefits including health/dental/vision and matching 401k
- Other cool perks include paid certifications, personal development allowance and additional compensation for creating company approved content (dashboards, blogs, videos, whitepapers, etc.)