We are looking for a Front End Developer (Software Engineer) here at Pluralsight!
This position may work Fully Remote if desired.
The ideal candidate would also have experience with SQL & C#. This team uses SQL & C# on the backend for their legacy codebases. New codebases use NodeJS on the backend, like the majority of Pluralsight's codebases.
We are creating user experiences for the leaders of our most valuable enterprise customers! This is a very special area within Pluralsight. If you are passionate about building amazing front end user experiences, then this unique opportunity is for you!
You'd be a phenomenal fit if you have experience with the following! :
- React, CreateReactApp, Next.JS
- NodeJS & NPM
- Of course, modern HTML and CSS
- Browser Dev Tools
- VS Code
- Sending data from the server to the client using Restful APIs, GraphQL, or WebSockets
- Access data in Databases or Caches
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery platforms, like GitLab
- Writing unit tests, performing code reviews, and participating in design discussions about architecture, data shape, and business logic
Bonus points for experience with (and/or an eagerness to learn):
- Other web app frameworks like Angular, VueJS, etc
- C# (some of our legacy server-side code is written in C#)
- SQL & PostgreSQL RDBMS
- Creating Analytics User Experiences
- Queues like AWS SQS or Kafka
- Topics related to platform scale, security, availability, deployment and operations
- Database and query performance tuning
- Docker and Kubernetes
You'll love working with us if you like!:
- Taking ownership for your own code
- without QA engineers
- Pair & mob programming - we value collaborative development
- Continuous Delivery - teams independently ship code to prod every day
- Kanban & Lean - continuous flow
- Continual improvement - we take time to sharpen the saw and adjust how we work
- Autonomous & responsible teams - making their own product & dev choices
- Multi-functional teams - collaborating through all phases of the product development process
- Customer research - we build what our customers actually want
- Trusting leaders - who trust us to build and look to us to set our own timelines
- Proven technology - of the team's choice, for the right job
- An encouraging and engaged team member
- Dedicatedly curious, and interested in learning the ins & outs of
- Informative measurement
- Kind-hearted and a good communicator
- Able to distill sophisticated ideas into straightforward language
- Passionate about data, innovation, and using technology to build with possibility.
- Able to seek problems and prioritize work based on anticipated business value.