About the role:
We are looking for a Front-end Developer to join our team. This is an exciting role working on a diverse range of digital deliveries in a fast-paced agency environment, from custom web apps to interactive booth experiences. We are a small team, but part of a large company – you will have significant influence in the department, backed-up by one of the largest independently owned companies in the Medical Communications sector.
We want someone who’s cares about user experience, functional interfaces and solving communication problems through code. You’ll help to design and develop great looking websites, beautiful-yet-functional interfaces, innovative web applications, hybrid mobile apps and more. You will be comfortable as a lone developer as well as working in a team. As a Frontend Developer, you can pick up an existing code base and follow documented procedures. Equally you write and document your code to industry standards. You love to build, test, automate and learn across the web development spectrum. We’ll show you our technology stack at interview.
About Fishawack Health:
Fishawack Health (FH) is a leading global commercialization partner for the biopharmaceutical, medical technology, and wellness industries.
The future of health is fast-paced and complex, demanding a different approach. Established in 2001, our 1,300+ healthcare experts combine their knowledge and expertise across our 4 core disciplines — Consulting; Medical; Value, Evidence and Access; and Marketing.
Working across the product and service lifecycle, together with our teammates in shared creative teams (Creative Studio, Editorial Services, Motion, Digital, Events, and Media) and Group Services, we engage our collective force to innovate and solve the complex healthcare challenges of today and tomorrow.
We live and breathe our five values in everything we do: We are authentic. We value difference. We play for the team. We own the challenge. We enjoy the journey. At Fishawack Health, we imagine a healthier world and build the connections to make it happen.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with the Lead Developer, Solutions Architect to develop and support digital/technical solutions, with a wide range of requirements including websites, applications and new technologies
- Be enthusiastic about digital design, development and UX best practices
- Be analytical, a problem solver and have good attention to detail
- Must be keen to progress, learn and adapt to new environments and challenging situations
- Not afraid to get involved in a project outside of traditional skill sets
- Essential skills
- Experience with JSON and/or XML schemas and manipulation
- Expert knowledge of SASS, Media Queries, AJAX techniques
- Proficiency in at least one relevant and globally supported front-end framework such as React, Angular, or Vue (our preference)
- Ability to be able to pick up new systems with ease
- Ability to lead within all aspects of a project, from planning to deployment
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate technical issues with non-technical team members
- Proficient in command line
- Knowledge using package managers such as NPM & Composer
- Version control, commands and best-practice methodologies
- Experience with version control systems (Git, etc.) and supporting platforms (BitBucket, etc.), as well as commands and best-practice methodologies
- Solid understanding of SEO principals and ADA compliance (web accessibility) principals
- Solid understanding of the digital development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience with TDD workflow
- Aware of testing best practices (automated functional test and behavior driven test scripting)
- Excellent knowledge in debugging and optimizations for better performance
- 2-5 years of professional web and application development experience
- Experience working in an agency environment with proven experience navigating tight deadlines under pressure
- Ability to recognize best practices
- Proven self-starter that has managed projects in isolation
- Experience with system design and architecture
- Experienced in direct marketing, HTML email and banner ads
- Knowledge of Task runners & Build tools (Grunt, gulp, Webpack, etc.)
- Knowledge of testing frameworks
- Knowledge of EMS and CRM platforms such as MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, Salesforce and Veeva
- Knowledge of CI & CD
- Proficiency in the back-end programming language PHP preferred
What we can offer:
Fishawack Health aims to empower every employee to develop and thrive. We empower our team with the tools, skills, and support needed to think differently and to solve healthcare’s most complex challenges.
At the center of our people-led culture is our Career Experience team, whose mission is to provide every employee with a purpose-driven career. We also pride ourselves on our personalized learning approach to ensure you receive the training you need to help you grow within the company and take advantage of our global scale and scope.
We are committed to embedding diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our organization to encourage diversity of thought, inclusive behavior, and innovative solutions. As part of our commitment to building a healthier world, every employee is also encouraged to participate in our community engagement efforts, which support a wide range of healthcare programs and wellbeing causes worldwide.
We have offices in 19 city hubs across North America, Europe, and Asia, geared toward collaborating, training, socializing, and coming together as a global organization while maintaining and fully supporting flexible working practices. Our compensation and benefits package is benchmarked across the industry. We offer a generous company pension/retirement plan, private medical insurance, comprehensive employee wellbeing initiatives, compelling time-off policy, plus many other excellent employee benefits.
We'll consider any reasonable adjustments you'd like us to put in place in the interests of fairness and equal opportunities.