This is us in a nutshell:
- We are singularly focused on providing all the tools and building blocks our customers need to deliver outstanding online shopping experiences and innovation across all digital touchpoints.
- In 2013 we introduced a modular, API-first cloud-native commerce platform, pioneering the headless commerce space and enabling us to build the foundation to change our whole industry for the better and re-invent ecommerce.
- Our international expansion has reached Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. In September 2021, we announced our $140m series C funding round led by global tech investor Accel, alongside existing investors Insight Partners and REWE Group, which has accelerated our global growth and elevated us to unicorn status. We are now valued at $1.9bn, named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Digital Commerce for the second year in a row.
Please note that for this role, we can currently offer full-remote work for candidates based in the EU and in the UK.
- Work collaboratively with a high degree of autonomy in a group of international peers on a rapidly growing product using cutting edge technologies.
- Work on a modern unified tech stack with the main components being React, Apollo GraphQL, CSS-in-JS, Express, MongoDB, Jest, Cypress, react-testing-library (to name just a few).
- Collaborate and align efforts with UX/UI Designers, Product Managers, Backend engineers while engaging with customers.
- Utilize independent applications and feature toggles to deploy the applications of your team multiple times a day utilizing technologies such as Kubernetes and Sentry to observe release health.
- On top of working with a modern tech stack on interesting projects, commercetools offers a professional development budget and dedicated time to experiment with new technologies and ideas (known as Tech Time).
- We also encourage our engineers to attend and speak at conferences, providing assistance and support to get started on this matter.
What you need to succeed:
- 3+ years of experience in front end development
- Basic knowledge of NodeJS and Express
- Excellent understanding of HTML5, CSS3, SCSS and Styled-components
- Experience with web service APIs working with either REST, GraphQL or both
- The ability to weigh trade-offs through discussions working within a cross-functional team
- Experience with Unit testing through tools such as Jest and Enzyme or react-testing-library. Ideally, some experience with e2e testing with Cypress.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning with Git
- Basic knowledge of accessibility and security best practices
- Be able to speak English fluently to work in an international environment
- Strive for clean code and high standards for quality assurance such as code review, testing and code linting
- See value in maintainable software through various methods such as type checking paired with End-to-End and integration tests or visual regression testing
- Be an open-minded team player working in a humble cross-functional team while caring for our product and customers
- A mindset to continuously learn and actively improve our work environment and product
Positivity. Negativity is the enemy of progress.
Trust & Transparency. Promote direct and continuous feedback.
Learning. Be proud if you’ve failed at something. Think big, start small, learn fast!
Tech at commercetools:
We Are Open Source And Innovative By Design
🚀 We make rapid progress by being early adopters of React, Scala, and GraphQL
📋 We share & contribute to the open source community: https://github.com/sangria-graphql
⚙️ We <3 Automation and Machine Learning
We care about your Growth and Well-being
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse, creative workspace with an international culture & learning environment
Are you ready? Come grow with us!
🔍 Are you looking for something else? Check out our Career Page and our Website for more information.
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools celebrates being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If your professional profile aligns with our specific hiring requirements and company culture, then we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, future potential, approach to learning and self-development and passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.