Front-End Delivery Director at Nexient (Columbus, OH)
| Columbus, OH
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:17 p.m. (CST) on Monday, May 16, 2022
About your future team
Nexient is on a mission: To rid the world of crappy software, one sprint at a time.
Every day, our 1000+ Agile developers, designers, and strategists empower each other to find passion in our work while we innovate the world. This culture of teamwork and curiosity is fueled by a product-minded approach to our work, crafting extraordinary custom software solutions and growing careers along the way.
Our clients range from some of America’s favorite brands in retail, healthcare, financial services to fast-emerging disruptors – You might have read about us in the NY Times. We’re also recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, HFS Hot Vendor, and America’s leading 100% U.S. Agile software services partner.
If you’re looking to change the trajectory of your career, make an impact on Day One, develop custom software on the best technology around – and maybe even make people’s lives easier -- then you belong here, with us.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead the definition of the architecture for the application including the technology used - and methodology followed ton deliver the end-to-end application
- Design a fast, resilient, and scalable application which incorporates technical infrastructure strategy, configuration, and management and provide solutions to optimize performance and scalability
- Create component design, identify component interaction within the broader system environment, recognize potential reuse and communicate these concepts to developers
- Create and participate in producing team deliverables (including architecture and technical design documentation, standards, code development, and QA) to high quality standards
- Work closely with Product Management and development teams to satisfy business requirements for new features and the next generation of product offering by taking ownership of the solution from end to end and being responsible for translating functional requirements into a working solution
- Enforce sound development practices and ensure the quality delivery of enterprise solutions including, but not limited to, executing code reviews
- Act as technical adviser for application development and internal teams in the IT department, to plan, implement, and support new and existing technologies
- Assist with the development of consistent technology frameworks, platforms, standards and processes and identify current and future application development trends to be incorporated into a strategic road map
- Deliver platform and architecture recommendations based on project requirements and industry best practices
- As the subject matter expert, mentor junior team members to design, build and maintain application systems
- Resolve technical issues and identify risks by building consensus among technical stakeholders
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years Lead Front-End Architect
- Strong experience in object oriented design & development
- Hands on experience on development frameworks like Node.JS, React.JS, Angular
- Hands on experience with AWS (S3, EC2, ECS, AWS Lambda, CodePipeline, Codebuild, AWS Network and Security features (Encryption policies, Security Groups, Network Access Control List, Subnets, VPC), and CloudFront
- Understanding about CICD pipeline and using GIT to support different types of workflow
- Experience with Automated application deployment in the cloud using Docker technologies
- Understanding about Graph Database such as NeptuneDB and Neo4J
- Expertise in writing and consuming web services
- Strong experience working in Agile environment and understanding of SCRUM process
- Experienced with micro service based architectures
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Strong collaboration and coaching skills
- Debugging, troubleshooting: ability to translate symptoms and problems into root causes
- Highly motivated, excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to translate technical jargon into easy to understand and clear terms
- A continual learner that stays up-to-date on the latest technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relate discipline. Master’s degree is a plus
As a vital member of our Engineering Practice, you will be part of one of our 100+ small cross-functional teams working side by side with some of the most talented developers, UX designers, analysts, quality engineers, and product managers out there.
From Silicon Valley to Ann Arbor, Columbus, and beyond – a career with Nexient will offer you:
Remote, hybrid, or onsite opportunities: Here, you decide the work arrangement that best suits your needs and preferences.
Fulfilling and challenging projects: You will be exposed to different scenarios, multiple types of clients, and the most complex business and technology initiatives.
Access to the most cutting-edge technologies: You’re always going to be advancing your skillset by learning and working with the newest and most relevant technologies available out there.
A positive and passionate culture: Boring and divided aren’t in our vocabulary. In fact, it’s amazing to see how, despite our exponential growth, the Nexient culture and community stay as warm, diverse, and close as ever.
Plenty of opportunities for you to explore and grow: We will empower you to dream as big as you want and support you to make your career what YOU want it to be.
Creative runway: We take pride in encouraging our people to question the status quo.
Our benefits program includes:
· Medical, dental, and vision coverage
· Generous PTO, plus holidays
· 401(k) plan
· Life insurance and short-term & long-term disability
· Maternity leave
· Employee Assistance Program
· Flexible spending accounts
· Health savings account
Nexient is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer. At Nexient, your uniqueness makes us better. Your uniqueness is why you are valued, you are heard, you add to our culture, and you belong. Diversity & Inclusion is hardcoded into our DNA and at the core of everything we do. Together, not separately, we strive to become even more diverse to help fuel our innovation and connect us closer with the clients and communities we serve.
More Information on Nexient
Nexient operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in Newark, CA, Kokomo, IN, Dublin, OH and Ann Arbor, MI. Nexient was founded in 2009. It has 728 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 96 open jobs at Nexient, click here.
Read Full Job Description