FN Americas RBC Customer Engineer at Nokia (Raleigh, NC)
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people's lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you'll be part of
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia's Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
Our Regional Business Center (RBC) Customer Engineering team works with customer account teams, business development, product management, and R&D to provide support and professional services to Fixed Networks customers in the Americas region.
What you will learn and contribute to
Do you have a customer mindset and are you passionate about solving problems?
As part of our team, you will be involved in:
- Analysis & High Level Design involving Solution Definition, Requirements Development, Architecture and High Level Design
- System Development Detailed Design involving Interface specifications, Design of Migration Methods of Procedure (MoPs), Failure Mode Analysis, Detailed capacity guidelines, and Performance analysis
- System Element Development involving System Element requirements specification, implementation, and acceptance of ALU and 3rd party supplied System Elements
- System Integration & Verification involving planning, design, and execution
- Network Deployment Detailed Design involving developing configuration templates for software, hardware configuration templates, IP addressing, VLAN, Capacity, and QoS plans
- Network Element Integration including customizing documentation, performing software updates, establishing and validating connectivity to network and element management system, testing alarms, timing and synchronization, redundancy, call flows, services, and any customer/country specific tests necessary to get customer acceptance and sign off
- Migration Execution and Legacy Exit involving planning, execution, and management of migration activities including decommissioning obsolete equipment
- IT Integration including OSS integration with element management systems and customization for provisioning and fault management systems.
- APC Stack and Intent Development involving design and implementation of APC templates and Intents for provisioning services on the network element
Your skills and experience
- A degree in Engineering or other relevant field and at least 3+ years professional work experience
- Access technologies (GPON, XGS-PON, 25G, DSL)
- Managed WiFi, MESH, WiFi 6
- Element Management Systems such as Nokia's AMS 5520 and Altiplano
- Layer 2/Layer3 protocols
It would be nice if you also had:
- Product Test Experience
- IPTV video and SIP voice service delivery
- SDAN / NETCONF / YANG experience
- Network engineering and network design
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia's employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.