Firmware Test Automation Engineer (Camera) at Cisco Meraki (San Francisco, CA)
Meraki’s camera team is a growing, forward-thinking group building security cameras for the future. Our product blends the elegance and ease of use of high-end consumer systems with the immense scalability, security, and power of enterprise-grade solutions.
Testing security cameras presents a unique set of challenges; our devices interact heavily with the physical world, encountering a wide variety of conditions across the globe.
As a member of our Firmware Test Automation team, you will rise to this challenge, partnering closely with firmware developers to deliver an outstanding experience for the users who depend on our product every day for safety, security, and business intelligence. You will work on upcoming and current devices, crafting imaginative automated simulations of the real-world environments and scenarios in which they are deployed.
At your disposal will be a full suite of cameras, equipped with powerful (and ethical) computer vision technology based on machine learning, with a passionate, supportive, personal-growth oriented team by your side.ABOUT THE ROLE
The MV Test Automation Team is responsible for ensuring the security and stability of a system that captures and records video, manages network connectivity, and enables advanced computer vision analytics, all seamlessly managed remotely via the cloud. Our test automation engineers help our firmware teams deliver and continuously improve this platform with high quality and confidence.WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Complete new product testbed operations to test products and software before market launch.
- Develop and execute test plans for new features before they ship to customers.
- Collaborate with our firmware engineers to implement test cases, understand test results, reproduce and investigate bugs.
- Work with third-party vendors to test bug fixes and new driver patches.
- Manually reproduce problems discovered during automated testbed operations and work directly with firmware engineers to investigate them.
- Partner with automation engineers to scale, improve and maintain testbed operations.
- A technical degree or equivalent experience with a great foundation in the basics of computer networking.
- 5+ years of experience in creating and carrying out system-level test plans.
- Experience in analyzing system-level test results and identifying red flags within a test.
- Experience with at least one scripting language such as Ruby or Python.
- Experience with configuring and monitoring linux systems using command line tools and utilities.
- Effective communication skills and proven track record of collaboration with others.
- A passion for quality, an appetite for learning about software and systems, and an interest in breaking things to learn how to make them better.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.