Firmware / Embedded Engineer - Yearlong, Co-Op, Meraki (June 2022 - June 2023) at Cisco Meraki (San Francisco, CA)
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this opportunity, please do not use the direct apply link. You must apply on the Cisco jobs page, at this specific link to be considered:
Individuals must be able to commit for the entire co-op term, minimum of 12 months, max of 16 months, starting end of May 2022/early June 2022
The modern world runs on the Internet, and the Internet cannot exist without its underlying infrastructure! Meraki makes setting up, managing, and maintaining that infrastructure easier than it has ever been before. Meraki enables connectivity everywhere from neighborhood cafes to education institutions to global hospitality groups operating thousands of sites.
Our Hardware Team leads all products and control every aspect of creation. From architecture and initial sketches through detailed design and the final drive to mass and sustaining production, nothing escapes the Hardware team's sphere of influence and responsibility.
Meraki believes that the quality of our product is dependent on the quality of our engineers. We value cultivating the growth and development of everyone on our team. We champion an open and supportive workplace where everybody is given the opportunity to succeed!What we look for in Co-Op candidates:
- Pursuing a BA/BS in Computer Science, ECE, EE, ME, or STEM-related field (in progress), graduation scheduled between December 2023 - August 2024
- Are able to work a full 12-month Co-Op term in a full-time capacity within our San Francisco office (June 2022 to June 2023)
- Familiarity with fundamentals of Computer Science (C/C++)
- Prior experience working on Embedded Systems (C/C++)
- The ability to empathize, communicate clearly, and remain flexible
- Life long learners who can quickly pick up working in multiple frameworks, languages, and environments
- Passionate team player
- Continually able to learn from experience and hungry for feedback
- Previous internship or large scale project experience
During the program, Co-Ops have the opportunity to work on new product development and have a real impact on our customers. Projects are cross-functional, which allow insight into new languages and technologies (firmware & hardware), help encourage professional growth within engineering and allow a sense of ownership within the team.
Meraki’s engineering teams place a high emphasis on mentorship. Each Co-Op is matched 1:1 with a mentor who provides continual feedback and guidance throughout the duration of the program. Mentors help with introductions to other team members, overviews of tools and processes, and provide flawless integration into Meraki life.Examples of Previous Projects:
- Bring-up of new sensors for our MT sensor line
- Implementation of secure boot for a new system on a chip (SoC)
- Development of a fan control algorithm
- Linux driver integration to control peripherals such as LEDs, current monitor, temperature sensor, etc
- Furnished housing in San Francisco for the duration of the program
- Competitive salary
- Weekly social events inside and outside of the office (Giants games, Exploratorium tickets, friendly soccer games)
- Lunch and dinner daily
- Customized laptop and desk setups
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!!
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.