Facilities Engineer at Expedient
Expedient is a provider of cloud and data center infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solutions.
We are actively hiring for a Facilities Engineer to manage the maintenance and facilities operations of our data center in Baltimore, Maryland. Previous data center experience is preferred but not necessary.
The position is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and operational tasks in support of data center operations in the data center and office facility. This position may be called upon outside of normal business hours if a situation comes up that requires immediate attention. This is a customer-facing role. The Facilities Engineer will represent Expedient while working with clients and vendors both on and off-site.
Benefits include 3 weeks of paid time off, top-tier, affordable medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) with a generous company match and a paid day off to celebrate your birthday each year.
Requirements for the Facilities Engineer
- No less than 5 years of experience as an electrician in a technical environment
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with electrical systems, simple controls, and mechanical systems
- Ability to read, comprehend, and work from technical documents, blueprints, and electrical schematics
- Experience with maintaining and troubleshooting HVAC equipment a plus
- Microsoft office and basic computer skills are not required, but are a plus
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- H.S. Diploma and Journeyman Experience or Associates Degree. Military electrician with 5 or more years of service encouraged to apply
Responsibilities of the Facilities Engineer
- Electrical repairs and hard wiring installation of 120/208 Volt circuits to include 208 Volt 3 phase circuits
- Partner with a wide variety of vendors; providing access to secure areas of data center and monitoring work of vendors
- Monitor and schedule vendor repair of UPS, HVAC, motors, controls, plumbing, back-up generator systems and similar equipment
- Repair and maintenance of all aspects of the physical plant, with a focus on electrical systems
- Preventive/predictive maintenance per requirements and perform non-scheduled or emergency maintenance when required to support operations
- Analyze and solve electrical and mechanical problems which cause interruptions or otherwise limit productive capacity of all data center equipment
- Must be familiar with and strictly adhere to safety guidelines and OSHA regulations
Lifting - Frequently lifts light weight items, and occasionally lifts heavy weight materials such as equipment parts.
Manual Dexterity - Ability to operate tools, to work on equipment and to do equipment installations.
Must be able to climb and balance oneself on a ladder, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl into tight places as required.
BENEFITS TO WORKING FOR EXPEDIENT We place a high value on learning and staying agile in the technology arena. We make education and training available to our employees through a robust, employee-driven training and tuition reimbursement program. Additional benefits include 3 weeks of paid time off, top-tier, affordable medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) with a generous match and a paid day off to celebrate your birthday each year. Expedient is committed to providing its employees with an environment that promotes collaboration with both team and individual success.
Expedient is an equal opportunity employer, providing a safe, drug-free work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, gender, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.