Expert Application Engineer (Full Stack) at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
As an Expert Full Stack Engineer, you’ll build and release reliable software systems at scale. By partnering with enterprise-wide) teams, you’ll develop and maintain full stack solutions that fit our business needs. You’ll use your holistic view of all products (and their interactions) to design elegant solutions and strategize the future state of our larger technical ecosystem. By independently innovating and advocating for best practices, you’ll solve complex problems and guide the team on implementing solutions from inception to production.
This position will be part of a mobile team tasked with creating a brand-new mobile app already do this well, but we want to evolve and deliver smarter and more efficient. We are looking to leverage existing talent and expertise to help guide us against the status quo, and into a better way of delivering for today’s modern mobile customers.
In this role, the individual will lead a new agile team in a highly technical environment which develops new products in the Discover mobile app utilizing the latest Discover platforms for continuous delivery and cloud development. The individual will be required to foster collaboration and provide thought leadership while contributing to the development of modern software.
Responsible for researching, implementing, and evolving mobile product and enterprise building blocks that improve the efficiency, availability, and performance of Discover mobile app. Responsible for the success of multiple team's technical execution and processes.
- Researches new technology opportunities and how they can be used to add technical capabilities at Discover
- Drives strategic technology decisions based on collaboration with a board field of experts outside of Discover
- Contributes to the external image of Discover Technology as a desired workplace to learn technology best practices
- Recognized outside of Discover as a thought leader and participates in internal and external communities
- Shapes learning paths for Discover engineers by bringing what they learn back to Discover so everyone can benefit from their experiences
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelors – Computer Science or related
- 8+ Years – Information Technology, (Software) Engineering, or related
- Internal applicants only: technical proficiency rating of expert on the Dreyfus engineering scale
External applicants will be required to perform a technical interview.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.