Escalation Engineer at Zscaler (South Bay)
Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company's cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler's purpose-built security platform puts a company's defenses and controls where the connections occur-the internet-so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.
- Hold daily/weekly get-well calls with customers with escalated issues
- Engage with customers on escalated support issues or critical customer situations
- Provide expert systems design, recommendations, and configurations
- Perform in-depth diagnostics and troubleshooting using networking tools
- Assist customers with testing or troubleshooting of networking or cloud service issues
- Reproduce customer issues to verify problems and document steps to replicate for Support, Engineering and Operations teams
- Maintain ticket database, logging issues and customer interactions
- Become a Zscaler cloud services expert through self-study, company training, and a desire to excel and become an expert
- Act as the primary interface for local escalation management with regards to customer escalations
- Analyze escalation performance metrics
- Coordinating appropriate resources (cross functionally) to achieve resolution for escalated issues
- Coordinate feedback to product management, development and operations teams
- 7+ years of support and networking experienced required
- 2+ years in escalation engineer level position
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent advanced industry certifications.
- Proven experience escalating technical customer issues
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Working knowledge of networking and security products and enterprise network infrastructure.
- Zscaler Experience a plus
- Excellent customer facing communication skills
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts and ability to troubleshoot complex networking issues across multiple OSI layers
- Experience with web technologies including HTTP, SSL
- Network Security (SSL/TLS, VPNs, Firewall, IDS/IPS)
- Authentication systems such as LDAP, MS AD etc
- Knowledge of protocols such as HTTP, SMTP, FTP, DNS
- Experience with operating systems such as Linux, Unix and Free BSD
- Network troubleshooting experience - Familiarity with tools such as Ping, Traceroute, MTR, and Network Protocol Analyzers such as tcpdump, Wireshark
- Working knowledge of Apache and IIS Web Server administration
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we'd love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com .
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.