Entry Level Software Engineer, Mobility at Toyota Connected North America (Dallas, TX)
Toyota Connected is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Mobility team. On this team you will solve complex problems and work alongside talented Data Engineers, Software Engineers, Data Scientists, Scrum Masters, and Technical Product Owners who have a passion for driving innovation in mobility, safety, and convenience services. We love people who think big and like to get their hands dirty to help us build exciting initiatives.
- Contribute to full software development life cycle
- Write maintainable, extensible, tested code, while complying with coding standards
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Continuously integrate and deliver software components into a fully functional software system
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing systems
- Ability to write clean code in one or more modern programming languages
- Knowledge of best practices and basic principles in software development
- Ability to learn and apply new programming practices, designs, and methods
- Ability to work well in a team oriented, agile software engineering environment
- Solid analytical skills and decision-making skills
- We think the knowledge acquired earning a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science would be of great value in this position, but if you're smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time.
- Knowledge or experience in cloud computing
- Experience or knowledge in CI/CD, containerization, and related concepts
What’s in it for you?
In addition to an excellent compensation and benefits package, you’ll also receive:
- A Career Path that allows you to take your career to the next level.
- Annual $2,500 Training Budget to help you grow and develop your professional skills.
- Unlimited time off and flexibility for a great work-life balance. At TC you'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and workload.
- Hybrid work schedule to allow for a blend of in office and remote work OR fully remote work option from CA, CO, GA, IL, MA, MI, MO, NY, PA, TN, TX, UT, or WA.
- Home office stipend of $1,000 to help furnish an ergonomic remote office.
- Four months of paid parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to bond with their new little bundles of joy.
- Adoption Assistance of $5,000 for regular adoptions or $6,000 for special needs. We know adoption costs can add up, and we want to help.
- 401(k) with generous company match that is fully vested day one.
- Toyota and Lexus vehicle discounts to allow you to drive in style.
- Generous vehicle allowance for new and leased Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Scratch that vehicle payment off your monthly bills!
- Annual Patent-a-thons and Hackathons to embrace your superior creative thinking ability.
- Annual fitness reimbursement to help you balance your overall health without breaking the bank. We also have a Toyota Connected fit club that loves plank competitions!
- Free catered lunches when working onsite. We try to keep it healthy, but Fridays are “cheat” days, so you can get your carbs on!
- Two fully stocked Nespresso bars for your coffee and tea fixes.
- No dress code! Come as you are. We know the smart people we hire don’t need to be told what to wear.
- Free covered garage parking to shield your vehicle from those sneaky storms and to protect your buns from the Texas sun.
Who Are We?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to infuse the power of big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive, and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight, simplify, and connect the lives of those who use our products. We believe this mobility revolution will empower our customers to use their vehicles in an array of exciting new ways. We support, celebrate, and thrive on the opportunity to provide Mobility for All.
Making a connected life a more human experience takes humans from all walks of life. Toyota Connected celebrates and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces you regardless of your race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, skin color, age, disability, military or veteran status, big shot relative, or Instagram fame. Different makes us awesome.