Enterprise Software Engineer at Cisco Meraki
Cisco Meraki is looking for a Software Developer to join our team based in Chicago. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality. With that said, we’re taking orders 24/7 and shipping them all over the world. The tiniest hitch in that process can cost us an incalculable amount in dollars and work hours. That’s where you come in!You:
You’ll be joining the existing development team to improve, develop, and maintain the processes that form Meraki’s backbone. You will be working on building: Services, web apps, and integration between systems. You will be expected to help innovate on: proposing process improvements, customizing Middleware or designing new solutions, integrating our various systems (Internal & External) and opportunity to learn new languages and frameworks quicklyWhat You Will Do:
- Build highly scalable Services and Web Apps
- Optimizing operational processes using B2B Integrations (webMethods, Boomi, ...), Java, and scripting languages
- Integrate internal and external systems
- Optimize OE (Order Entry) flow and UX, OE uses Ruby on Rails
- Design and build Business Intelligence to give customers insight into business performance
- Optimize existing processes to improve productivity
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years post-collegiate programming experience. Any mainstream programming language (Java, Ruby, C#, C++, C, ...) is a plus
- Solid experience with integration software – Experience with Webmethods will be a bonus
- Professional experience with large scale ERP systems a huge plus
- Knowledge of microservice architectures and web services– Salesforce, SOAP, REST, etc.
- Prior experience architecting business solutions with Middleware, RDBMSs, and scripting languages
- Passion for improving existing home-brewed tools and programs to make life easier for everyone
- Knowledge of more than one programming language
- Familiarity with NoSQL data stores
- Familiarity with Containerization frameworks
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That’s a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great engineers come from a diverse set of backgrounds.
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.