Enterprise Security Engineer (Remote) at Matterport
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:29 p.m. (CST) on Monday, February 14, 2022
Matterport is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial computing platform turns buildings into data making every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 150 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal, and marketing.
We’re excited to announce that Matterport is now publicly listed on NASDAQ as MTTR. It’s an exciting time to join us!
Visit our Matterport Comparably Profile to learn more about working at Matterport and the awards we have won for being a Great Place to Work!
About the Role:
Matterport is hiring an Enterprise Security Engineer as part of the Enterprise Security team. This position will report to the Head of Enterprise Security, Compliance & Governance, and will be responsible for safeguarding the company’s most critical information and implementing a mature security program with modern security policies, practices, and technologies.
Matterport is a remote workplace with headquarters in Sunnyvale, CA. This position can be based remotely in the United States #LI-Remote
What you will do:
- Assist with responding to, and managing, any Security Information Gathering (SIG) questionnaires, any required compliance audits and/or maturity assessments from 3rd parties.
- Respond to customer requests for information related to information security in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Legal team on customer contracts as it relates to Information security content.
- Assist with the security stack architecture and implementation with a pragmatic industrial-strength security posture.
- Provide technical hands-on engineering and operational support to further strengthen the security controls while following comprehensive defense in depth methodologies in line with industry best practices.
- Prepare the response to information system security incidents, including investigation of, countermeasures to, and recovery from computer-based attacks, unauthorized access, and policy breaches. including law enforcement.
- Ensure proper monitoring and response to issues in a timely manner.
- Duties of the role may change subject to the needs of the business.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- Hands-on experience in working customer queries and responding to security information questionnaires in a timely manner.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills. Ability to serve as security advocate with authority. Proven ability to work in a cross-functional team and practice open communication both written and verbal
- An understanding of SOC II, ISO27001, and FedRAMP certifications is highly desired. An understanding of global privacy issues and GDPR is important.
- Understanding of compliance expertise for the industry, and familiarity of, or certifications including ISO, SOX, CISSP, NIST, PCI.
- Experience in implementing and managing a mature security stack as part of the broader security team.
- Experience in managing operational security tasks including analysing and responding to risk signals.
- Good understanding of corporate infrastructure and end user device ecosystem.
We want to hear from you! We are looking to build the best team of people who will be empowered to do their best work. If you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every bullet in the job description we encourage you to apply.
Perks & Benefits
- * Comprehensive health plans – 100% of premiums covered for employees. (90% of family premiums)
- Flexible Time Off for Exempt Employees/Generous PTO plan for Non-Exempt Employees – Take time to rest, relax and explore! Plus we offer Summer Fridays!
- * 401k
- Company ownership in the form of RSU’s
- Continuing Education & Commuter Benefits·
For more detail visitwww.matterport.com/careers * Medical and retirement benefits vary by Country
Belief in Diversity
At Matterport, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them and recognize the value they bring to our customers and employees. Matterport is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and works to create and support diversity at Matterport. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender, identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment that provides a sense of inclusion and belonging and is free of discimination and harassment. We also consider all qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Matterport is likewise committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act
For more information regarding how Matterport collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies. https://matterport.com/privacy-policy
More Information on Matterport
Matterport operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in Sunnyvale, CA, Lawrence, KS and Chicago, IL. Matterport was founded in 2011. It has 534 total employees. To see all 24 open jobs at Matterport, click here.
Read Full Job Description