Enterprise Architect at Careerlink (Omaha, NE)
Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica) is seeking an Enterprise Architect to join our team. This role will align enterprise architecture with the business vision for the company. Defines the standard enterprise technology architecture objectives and sets the associated policies, standards, and guidelines.
The Enterprise Architect will create current state and future state architecture models to achieve the organization's strategies and goals. They will design holistic architecture approaches across all technologies based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities and business requirements.
The ideal candidate would bring a robust background with IT solutions development disciplines and effectively works collaboratively with other architecture roles to ensure organizational needs are met.
- Define the standard enterprise technology architecture objectives and set the associated policies, standards, and guidelines. Provide guidance to Solutions Architects and Lead Solutions Developers to ensure solutions are delivered consistent with policies, standards, and guidelines. Propose and champion architectural improvements and redesigns. Participate in holistic IT architecture planning to support future organizational needs. Create current state and future state architecture models to achieve the organization's strategies and goals.
- Design holistic architecture approach across all technologies based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities and business requirements. Identifies the organizational and financial impact and benefits of the solutions architecture. Documents enterprise architecture designs.
- Monitor the current state solutions and identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements. Understands technology trends and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models. Ensures application portfolio is maintained.
- Provide design leadership and mentoring to the team members involved in solutions delivery. Work with business owners of the various systems/applications to ensure they understand balance between desired system features and the importance of sustainable technology solutions. Work with solution delivery team members, championing the development architecture, coding standards and security standards. Understand and advocate agile and pragmatic development practices.
- In collaboration with other architecture roles, define the principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise's future-state architecture vision. Design and direct the governance activities associated with ensuring solutions architecture assurance and compliance. Work closely with project team members and organizational leadership to ensure the execution of architecture plans.
- Participate in cross-functional and functional teams to evaluate technology solutions to meet the needs of the business and fit within the technology architecture of the organization. Create proposals and estimates for the design and implementation of solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Data Science, or related field is required
- 8+ years' related experience in at least two IT solutions development disciplines, including solutions architecture, technical architecture, network management, applications development, data management, IT operations, or security.