At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can't wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2021 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies®.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
ServiceNow is seeking Enterprise Architects to join our Team. The Enterprise Architecture Team is part of our pre-sales organization focused on building credibility and trust with the technical leaders in our largest customers by developing cross-functional strategies and solutions. Our team brings technical expertise, real-world experience, strong executive engagement skills, and an inspirational mindset to help our customers understand the opportunities of the "platform of platforms" vision. We act as technical leaders for our customer's most complex solutions, designed to ensure that they can realize the value they need. We do this by leveraging best practices and industry standards to build customer trust and architect best-in-class solutions.
While collaborating with customers, partners, and the wider ServiceNow sales team, the right candidate will create and communicate high-level architectures and strategies that are both written and verbal, to audiences up to and including the CIO/CTO level. The Enterprise Architect will elegantly articulate the advantage of ServiceNow being built on a single cloud platform consisting of a single user interface, one code base, and one data model. The Enterprise Architect will also lead and participate in the delivery of workshops, best practice overviews, and educational sessions to existing customers and partners.
What you get to do in this role:
- Engage with customer executives to identify pain points and opportunities to deliver value and then translate them into solutions from ServiceNow
- Work with a wide variety of customers, colleagues, and partners to help them understand the power of the Now Platform and the potential opportunities for the future of work
- Lead architecture and design engagements to demonstrate how ServiceNow meets the needs of strategic customers, including; IT Transformation, Digital Products/Services, Platform as a Service, Enterprise Service Management, and the co-creation of industry-specific solutions.
- Understand the business strategy of the customer and articulate how ServiceNow can enable and deliver value to their organization, seamlessly integrating into their current and future technology landscape
- Understand the detail behind the ServiceNow and platform of platforms architecture and communicate it at various levels
- Work with architecture development methods, modeling approaches and architecture patterns for integration
- Interact at multiple levels within a customer account (Enterprise Architects, Domain Architects, Directors, VPs, and CXOs) and maintain these relationships throughout their customer journey.
- Provide thought leadership and collaborate with internal ServiceNow business units
- Identify, lead and contribute to the creation of best practices, white papers, workshops, etc
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Passion and energy for building business relationships and is accustomed to driving the simplification of complex concepts into compelling customer proposals
- Drive for results using out-of-the-box innovative thinking together with excellent problem-solving skills
- An intrinsic ability to understand and prioritize work and is willing to make big bets when the time is right, to invest time and energy in the right areas.
- Willingness to jump in and roll up their sleeves alongside customers, colleagues, and partners to get things done faster and better.
- 10 or more years of proven success in influencing senior technology leaders to drive change in a pre-sales, customer, or delivery-focused role.
- A track record of success in using Human-Centered Design techniques to explore the customer's current reality and set a vision for the future.
- Expertise designing, implementing, and managing advanced architectures in an application domain and integrating multiple systems or platforms
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture or Application Architecture pre-sales in a software vendor or professional services environment.
- Familiarity with common Enterprise and Industry Architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman, IT4IT, BIAN, TMForum, etc.
- Excellent understanding of the architectural principles for cloud-based platforms that include SaaS, PaaS, multi-tenancy, and automation
- Experience and understanding of multiple technical domains - application, data, DevOps, AI/ML, integration, big data, mobility, analytics, etc.
- Intrinsically curious and passionate about researching the current and emerging technologies and developing innovative solutions
- Experience presenting architecture concepts, designs, and goals to technology leaders and partners
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.