Enterprise Architect (remote) at Blue Acorn iCi (Raleigh, NC)
Blue Acorn iCi is the only digital consumer experience company combining analytics, ecommerce, content management, and full-service commerce operations. No other company brings together engineers, data scientists, retail experts, designers and strategists to create seamless, memorable and scalable customer experiences.
Through our integrated capabilities and unparalleled expertise, Blue Acorn iCi makes content and commerce more effective for legacy brands and digital natives alike, including Le Creuset, Casper, Food Lion, Charter, Ticketmaster, and Panera. Join our incredible team as we successfully deliver extraordinary digital experiences. We are truly a one of a kind company!
Blue Acorn iCi is hiring a customer-facing enterprise-wide expert with broad technical skills, deep e-commerce knowledge, and unparalleled business acumen. The Enterprise Architect supports sales teams in developing value propositions that align with our customers’ business strategies on digital transformation and cloud adoption. The Enterprise Architect is a subject matter expert in one or more categories that may include: business strategy, application architecture, data & information, integration, security, cloud computing, distributed platforms, mobile, and analytics. Enterprise Architects are expected to have strong sales skills and use proven consultative approaches to engage with customers and define their transformation journey along with steps to get there.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist the customer in business planning and strategy by focusing on business capabilities and maturity. Understand customer needs, company's products/services and match them with best in class technology to define a north-star target state. Help to define prioritization and sequencing of the transformation by proposing a strategic roadmap that leads to the target state. Lead key discussions around change programs from both business and technical perspectives.
- Determine which technologies to leverage (fitment analysis) in the customer's architecture landscape, based upon product knowledge, industry experience and industry standard EA frameworks.
- Clearly articulate business architecture (mission/vision, capability models, capability assessments) and technical architecture (current and future state diagrams, solution best practices, reference architectures, design patterns).
- Provide reliable and trusted data rich points of view of relatable customer transformations in the industry i.e. how other customers with similar needs have succeeded in their transformation.
- Assist sales teams in responses to RFPs and technical requirements documents
- Actively engage with account executives and solution engineers to develop opportunities for customer-facing enterprise architecture engagements. Continuously promote and communicate the value of Enterprise Architecture both within the solution engineering community, as well as within the broader sales and customer success organizations.
- Share engagement experience with the internal audiences and enrich collective IP. Conduct architecture workshops and other enablement sessions. Mentor and guide others.
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems or equivalent
- 8+ years experience in either software, system or enterprise architecture disciplines
- Good understanding of and ability to discuss cloud architecture and principles of modern platforms as well as common EA topics such as person based journeys, process orchestration, master data management, analytics and insights, artificial intelligence, etc.
- Familiar with principles of network, application and information security
- Articulate and balanced in demeanor with crisp written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of security processes, standards & issues involved in multi-tier cloud or hybrid applications
- Familiar with Industry or vertical solutions a plus
- 2-3 years in a pre-sales role or customer-facing consultative role
- Experience with and deep understanding of key business drivers and technical architecture
- Experience with and exposure to architectural frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman, etc. and Design Thinking