Enterprise Architect - Java at CapTech (Remote)
CapTech is a team of master builders, creators, and problem solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful businesses. We unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform how data, systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance what’s possible in a changing world.
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find inspiration in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty solving our clients’ myriad of challenges. Across industries and business goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each organization use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas into action. Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected — which is one of the reasons we’ve been on the Inc. 500/5000 list for over a decade.Job Description
Enterprise Architects at CapTech are part of a capable, highly motivated community who strive to continuously learn and implement the appropriate tools and architectures to deliver innovative solutions for our clients. We design, develop, and deliver high-quality enterprise systems, as well as systems integrations and work in a project-based consulting environment.
CapTech architects enjoy a collaborative environment and have many opportunities to learn from and share knowledge with other developers, architects, and our clients. Our solutions include API-centric clients, microservice architectures, event-driven integrations, cloud deployments, serverless applications, and web and portal front ends.
Enterprise Architects at CapTech are often called on to perform technology assessments, form project strategies, and leverage their hands-on development skills. Architects also lead our technical teams.
Specific responsibilities for the Enterprise Architect position include:
- Create, evaluate and manage technical solutions to ensure client success
- Develop code hands-on in addition to enterprise architecture solutions
- Design, implement, integrate and support on-prem, cloud, and hybrid development
- Create roadmap and high-level design documentation, epics and stories
- Identify and communicate architectural / solution tradeoffs, for client specific solutions
- Display a working knowledge of different architectural frameworks that may be used by our clients
- Deliver development artifacts based on phased Agile SDLC
- Collaborate with cross-functional teammates to support business development by demonstrating CapTech’s technical capabilities
- Create technical project estimates and work plans
- Influence and guide professional development efforts for those at all levels, including teaching, coaching, and collaboration through project work and innovation challenges
- Enterprise-level experience with Java, its core libraries, and open-source frameworks
- Hands-on experience with software development, enterprise architecture, and directing technical teams
- Familiarity with microservice architectures, monitoring tools, databases, and containerization
- Demonstrated experience with DevOps practices
- Ability to think strategically and relate architectural recommendations to business needs and client culture.
- Extensive knowledge and application of Design Patterns
- Ability to communicate technical solutions with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience assessing the performance of software systems and implementing tools used to optimize performance
- Knowledge of enterprise cybersecurity best practices
Must be located in one of the following states: Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Washington, DC, Wisconsin.Additional Information
We want everyone at CapTech to be able to envision a lasting and rewarding career here, which is why we offer a variety of career paths based on your skills and passions. You decide where and how you want to develop, and we help get you there with customizable career progression and a comprehensive benefits package to support you along the way. Alongside our suite of traditional benefits encompassing generous PTO, health coverage, disability insurance, paid family leave and more, we’ve launched extended benefits to help meet our employees’ needs.
- CapFlex – Employee-first mentality that supports a remote and hybrid workforce and empowers daily flexibility while servicing our clients
- Learning & Development – Programs offering certification and tuition support, digital on-demand learning courses, mentorship, and skill development paths
- Modern Health –A mental health and well-being platform that provides 1:1 care, group support sessions, and self-serve resources to support employees and their families through life’s ups and downs
- Carrot Fertility –Inclusive fertility and family-forming coverage for all paths to parenthood – including adoption, surrogacy, fertility treatments, pregnancy, and more – and opportunities for employer-sponsored funds to help pay for care
- Fringe –A company paid stipend program for personalized lifestyle benefits, allowing employees to choose benefits that matter most to them – ranging from vendors like Netflix, Spotify, and GrubHub to services like student loan repayment, travel, fitness, and more
- Employee Resource Groups – Employee-led committees that embrace and incorporate diversity and inclusion into our day-to-day operations
- Philanthropic Partnerships – Opportunities to engage in partnerships and pro-bono projects that support our communities.
- 401(k) Matching – Generous matching and no vesting period to help you continue to build financial wellness
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace. For more information about our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging efforts, click HERE.
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.