Enterprise Architect, Customer Facing Systems (Remote)
Primary responsibility of the Enterprise Architect is to work within the A&F IT and business community to ensure systems are architected utilizing industry best practices and within the guidelines set forth. This role is the is a cross technical leadership role within the organization providing architecture guidance, design, and recommendations for our most complex IT priorities.
Oversee and provide guidance on system architecture for the Customer Facing systems including eCommerce, Stores, Order Management, Personalization & Marketing Technology, Domain based Microservices which are critical platforms for the future digital business growth. Help with contributing and providing Enterprise Architectural templates such as Solutions Designs, Estimation process, architectural diagrams, and future architectural transformation. Provide feedback and mentoring to architecture team as well as management of 2-4 consulting resources. Facilitate design patterns which support reuse, test driven development, and simplification of software packages within the organization. Work with application (platform specific) architects, solution architects and partner with other Enterprise architects, to design solutions which meet enterprise standards.
In addition, the architect will be responsible for understanding emerging IT architectures for microservices, and DevOps pipelines to making recommendations for incorporating appropriate emerging architectures into future A&F roadmaps.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Establish North Star Vision of technology landscape with area leaders of Digital Engineering across multiple applications, development processes, and infrastructure requirements
- Work with Project Portfolio Management team and business stakeholders to estimate new work, create overarching solution design, and ensure both business and technical goals are met with the estimates
- Oversee Solutions Design/Architects in the space of eCommerce, Stores, Order Management, Microservices in Customer facing technology space, Personalization & Marketing Technology
- Team up with the functional leaders across Technology, including Infrastructure, Networking, security, and application leaders to define standards meeting a large set of use cases.
- Develop, train, and mentor other application architects both through project work and/or POC work for solutions design. This includes regular technical updates to the team, informal and formal training sessions, and 1-1 coaching
- Create a roadmap with business and technical leaders to support our modernization needs as well as achieve business outcomes.
- Document architectural standards and design patterns for reference in decision-making, development and build practices. Ensure leverage and use of the architectural practices, DevOps and other standards are built into future and existing projects
- Perform market assessments on new technology tools to understand capability differences amongst providers, and ensure alignment with A&F architectural and security standards.
- Support Application Rationalization efforts to simplify application landscape and standardize on modern technology.
- Lead and/or participate on technical user groups, task forces, and committees that are relevant to architecture.
- Responsible for continually growing their skills and knowledge.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
What Do You Need To Bring?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 18+ years' experience in various roles of technical leadership within a large-scale organization
- Experience architecting large scale ecommerce, store, order management, and Microservices
- Experience implementing Customer Data Platform, Personalization and Marketing technology would be nice to have
- Technical Skills: Cloud architecture, Cloud native and cloud specific design patterns, Technology architecture in a highly complex landscape, Architecting and building application in various technology stacks and databases.
- Personal Attributes: Self-starter, Collaborative, Curious, Strong work ethic, highly motivated, Team oriented, Consensus building, Solution shaping and problem solving
- Proactive solution orientation with a drive to overcome obstacles and avoid technical debts
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies, and processing environments
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we’re here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are – and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
We lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, [including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off], as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and additional time off to give back to our global communities.
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This position is not open to applicants residing in or otherwise based in the State of Colorado. The work location is flexible if approved by the Company, except that the position may not be performed remotely from within the State of Colorado.