Engine/Physics Programmer at People Can Fly (Remote)
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting AAA projects with the top publishers in the industry: Project Gemini with Square Enix and Project Dagger with Take-Two (2K), in addition to a new IP to be self-published and two other games in a concept phase. One of our IPs is also being adapted for VR technology.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
PCF Framework is a home of coding experts who ensure that the key areas of the Unreal Engine used by PCF are being properly developed across different games and platforms. The team also makes sure that we have less systems to maintain while remaining competitive and is responsible for driving our architecture and R&D initiatives forward.
If you feel yourself able to deliver as nobody else, take ownership of your projects, and are ready to leave a mark on a game you work on, apply now!Job Description
We are looking for an Engineer who will be working on enhancing PCF Framework (using Unreal Engine) by building Engine Systems used as a building block for gameplay functionalities across multiple projects on multiple platforms.
- Designing, building and maintaining Engine subsystems.
- Collaborating on Design with Tech-Art, Design and Gameplay teams.
- Building Engine support for Project specific feature requirements.
- Testing existing systems, functionality and looking for features cost-effective implementations.
- Creating performance and memory optimization Tools and Features.
- Testing, debugging, profiling, optimizing, writing documentation.
- Taking part in code reviews.
- Strong C++ knowledge and previous UE experience.
- Minimum 3 years of software engineering experience.
- Good understanding of maths and physics.
- Experience with working on multithreaded systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High work ethic.
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare including dental treatment for PCF members and their families (Signal Iduna).
- MultiSport card for you and your family members or friends.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books you have unlimited access to.
- In-company Polish and English language classes.
- Fresh fruit, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions are included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.