Engineering Technician at Invitae
LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO
SCHEDULE: Sun - Thurs 10:30am - 7:00pm + differential pay!
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Invitae needs engineers with diverse backgrounds to help us achieve our mission. We are a cross-functional team of scientific domain experts and dedicated, curious engineers. We build systems that take massive amounts of genomic data, combine it with the world's scientific literature, add to it years of rigorously curated results, and package it all neatly for our scientists to consume. It's a lot of information. As the data gets bigger, our systems need to get better and faster. That's where you come in.
We are looking for a passionate and driven Engineering Technician to join our Equipment Engineering Team who can come in and own the day to day equipment tasks which maintain regulatory compliance, equipment states and a high functioning lab environment. This individual will be able to seamlessly interface with production and engineering teams to drive forward task completion.
What you’ll do:
- Perform and document basic routine calibration, maintenance and repairs on laboratory equipment
- Schedule and coordinate maintenance and calibration activities with external vendors
- Onboard new equipment into asset management system
- Assist in executing and documenting equipment IQ/OQ/PQ activities
- Draft operation and maintenance SOPs for new equipment
- Monitor cold storage unit and incubator temperatures and promptly respond to out-of-tolerance events
- Daily Maintenance and cleaning of equipment as recommended by manufacturer manual
- Provide technical support in troubleshooting lab equipment
- Occasionally help equipment engineering with project based work
- Respond to and close JIRA tickets about equipment
- Move equipment between various operations onsite
- Other duties as required
What you bring:
- Bachelor degree in an engineering or science field preferred; AA with relevant experience
- 1 – 2 years experience working with clinical molecular diagnostics laboratory equipment preferred
- Ability to support and troubleshoot laboratory equipment
- Passion for sustaining operations
- Detail oriented and a fast learner
- Functional with Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
- Familiarity with JIRA
- Team oriented
At Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. Our teams thrive in our dynamic organization, which has been designed to empower them to make the biggest impact they can for our patients. We give our employees the ability to explore interests and capabilities broadly within the organization. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility. We also provide excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we’re changing healthcare to change lives. Join us.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.