Engineering Team Leader at Remote (Remote)
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works at remote.com/how-it-works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook (at remote.com/handbook) to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
We use a LinkedIn feature called “multiplexing”, which creates several location-specific job postings for individual locations from a single global position we publish. Multiplexing enables us to make our global job post compatible with LinkedIn's system and allows us to manage the inbound applications by location.
We encourage candidates to apply to any of these roles since they are factually global and we will make explicit mention of specific location details in the practical section below. 🌎How we work
We love working async (www.notion.so/80c01cd443ad4c77a8ceaef7c5fba5d0) and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
The team you'll be joining: 70 engineers, spanning across Frontend, Backend, SRE and QA. We're organised into product teams composed of engineers, designers, product managers, operations and finance, each dedicated to achieving the same goals in a specific domain.Requirements
More information about this role in Remote's engineering career path
Must have (professional experience):
- Managed an engineering team of at least 2 people for a year
- Over 3 years of experience with Frontend (React, JS, ES6 and Jest) or Backend (Elixir/Phoenix)
- Commitment to promoting all of Remote's values within the team and the greater organisation.
- Solid communication skills
- Solid knowledge of engineering and development principles and best practices
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail
- Focused on efficient processes with a kind, people-first approach
- Being able to inspire others and instill confidence
- Good understanding of team dynamics
- Ambitious and intentional about diversity, equality and inclusion
- Manage a small product team of 3-5 engineers (backend and frontend)
- Max 30% of time spent doing management work. Outside of that actively participating in product development with the engineers in their team.
- Be involved in hiring processes for their own team and potentially help out their peers
- In addition to being involved in hiring, also being responsible for the onboarding process of new engineers.
- By being the spokesperson for everyone in their team they are expected to manage the team dynamics and bring out the best in them.
- Giving continuous and constructive feedback on all the things
- Helps the team to grow continuously as a group and is responsible for each direct report’s career.
- Provide guidance and coaching to the team.
- Follow the team leader career requirements defined here
- Team: Engineering
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Application is reviewed
- Interview with our recruiter
- Interview with an Engineering Manager
- Interview with our VP of Engineering
- (async) code exercise (you’re not expected to spend more than 2 - 4 hours on this)
- Interview with the team (without any manager in the call so you can really get to know the people and ask all you want to ask)
- Prior employment verification check(s)
- (async) Offer
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.Benefits
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page (at www.notion.so/people-Benefits-perks-1e48a5869c274f40910b76d405b92f63).How to apply
Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format. See how to convert your CV to PDF here. Thank you!