Engineering Team Lead at Bowery Valuation (Remote)
Who We Are
Bowery Valuation is one of the leading startups in the emerging world of real estate tech and the only company of its kind in the commercial real estate appraisal space. Our appraisers work hand-in-hand with our engineering, design, and product teams to continuously add new features and functionality to our revolutionary platform. We are also the first-ever venture capital-backed commercial appraisal firm, having raised over $35MM in the past 2+ years. Powered by proprietary technology, and extensive expertise, Bowery is redefining the entire commercial appraisal space. Inside Bowery, we’re a people forward company dedicated to providing a productive and inspiring working culture. We are a collection of hard-working and enthusiastic types focused on building great teams to support great work. We balance our dedication to success with a commitment to gratitude, kindness, and team first attitude. If you’re looking for a company where you’ll be recognized for your contributions, supported in trying new ways of doing things, inspired to put in that extra effort or additional hour, then Bowery’s the place for you. We focus on setting clear expectations, holding ourselves to high standards and giving continuous feedback so we all get better together.
Bowery’s engineering team is looking for an engineering manager. Our engineering teams have a high degree of autonomy and you’ll have room to make a strong impact on the development of our platform. Engineering Managers are hands-on leaders that execute on our roadmap, deliver value and solve complex technical challenges. They are also directly involved in the growth and mentorship of their teams.
Who You Are
An experienced engineer with a strong track record as an individual contributor and a technical leader. You are comfortable working on dynamic teams and enjoy taking the time to help your team succeed. You are adept at both systems design and feature implementation. At Bowery, we value humble leaders with high end communication skills, open minds, and high degrees of conscientiousness.
Our Tech Stack
What You’ll Do
As a hands-on contributor and technical leader for your engineering team, you can expect to:
- Lead and facilitate the work of your engineering team to deliver high quality software
- Contribute to high level architecture and design
- Foster sound engineering practices and uphold high standards
- Implement effective solutions alongside your team
- Be responsible for the overall performance of your engineering team while also mentoring other engineers on your team
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience directly managing and growing software engineering teams
- Well versed in building and deploying enterprise web applications, systems and platforms
- Outstanding verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of collaboration
Nice to have
- Knowledge of OOP and functional programming
- Practical experience with domain-driven design principles
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with test-driven development
Perks & Benefits
- Stock options
- 8 weeks Parental Leave
- Medical and dental employer supported coverage
- Access to additional group rate insurance options including Life, STD, LTD, and Accident
- Commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Company events
- And more!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.