Engineering Team Lead, Blockchain Integration at BitGo (Remote)
BitGo is the leader in custody and security solutions and is the largest independent digital asset custodian in the world. Founded in 2013, BitGo is the first digital asset company to focus exclusively on serving institutional clients. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets and established BitGo New York Trust in 2021. BitGo also offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services and supports over 400 digital assets on its platform. BitGo provides the security and operational backbone for more than 500 institutional clients in 50 countries, including many of the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms.
BitGo is looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Team Lead) to join our blockchain integration team and help us build a robust and scalable system to integrate new and existing blockchains .This role can be worked remotely so long as your home base is in North America.
- Design and build scalable, well abstracted, and robust APIs, libraries, and services to integration blockchains into our custody platforms.
- Own functionality and scalability features by taking responsibility from research, implementation to deployment.
- Build integration libraries and SDKs to interface with our server and APIs
- Expose and document functionality to the UI, third-party developers, and our internal and external tooling
- Collaborate closely with all engineering teams and product managers to ensure consistency in understanding of technical requirements and overall work quality
- Provide mentorship to your peers in the broader engineering team through code reviews and education on best practices
- Lead product development cycle, manage team resources and milestones.
- Follow or champion for development practices that reinforces ownership, craftsmanship and growth
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for teammates who share and practice our values: open communication, transparency, taking ownership, and high level of craftsmanship. We are looking for coworkers who share our vision and mission: deliver trust in digital assets.
- At least 5 years of back-end, server-side software development
- Strong experience with TypeScript/Node.JS
- Great with unit and functional testing and debugging
- Great at providing simple and extensible abstractions to complex systems.
- Experience in Git/GitHub and branching methodologies, code review tools, CI tools, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, applied mathematics, or another technical discipline from a top university
- Understanding of and strong interest in cryptocurrencies and blockchain
- Great at algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience in leading or managing an engineering team
- Understanding of and experience working in the blockchain industry
- Understanding of and experience working in the security industry
- Experience with microservices and service-oriented architectures
- Ability to work full-stack and familiarity with React and Databases (MongoDB)
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits* of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Up to 4% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, Paid vacation
- Free commuter/parking pass; 5 min from Caltrain
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
*Benefits may vary based on location
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.