Get in on the ground floor of a growing B2B AI company!
Thankful is a cutting-edge AI company transforming customer support for leading brands. We offer a suite of AI-powered products, including an AI Customer Support Agent that works just like a human agent in text-based channels (email, SMS, chat) to resolve customer support requests.
Our team loves working at Thankful because of the people, continuous growth opportunities, autonomy, collaboration, and of course just the overall culture.
About This Role:
As an Engineering Manager, you will report to the Chief Technology Officer. You will lead engineering teams to deliver on our product roadmap, work with deployment and solutions to deliver amazing outcomes for our customers, and help each member of the team grow and build successful careers.
We are looking for someone with the desire and curiosity to constantly learn and take initiative in a fast-paced SaaS company. This position offers tremendous opportunity for growth within the company for those willing to help write the manual, not just read it.
Our team is based in Venice, California, in the heart of Silicon Beach, but this role can work remotely.
What You’ll Do:
- Hire, manage, and develop a high performing team of Engineers by completing weekly 1:1s, quarterly reviews, goal setting, and providing timely and helpful constructive and positive feedback
- Motivate the team to deliver on product roadmaps
- Establish and promote a culture of engineering excellence through the organization
- Lead by example with empathy and understanding
- Act as a technical resource for the team that can guide more junior engineers
- Additional leadership and engineering-related tasks, as required
What You’ll Bring:
- 7+ years of Engineering experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience leading and developing high performing teams
- Mastery of several typed and compiled programming languages
- Prior experience designing and implementing highly available architectures at scale
- Experience in a terminal using Vim or Emacs, tmux or screen, and other common CLI tools
- Clear enforcement over code style consistency, documentation, and clean git histories
- Tech Stack: Go, Typescript, Postgres, Redis, Linux and OpenBSD
- Quick and creative problem-solving skills
- A great attitude with the willingness to learn, maneuver through ambiguity, and collaborate with a growing team
- Strong written, verbal, organizational, and time management skills (efficiency is key)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, “do what it takes” startup culture
- Ability to stand and sit for sustained periods of time, at least 50%
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data; transcribing/typing; viewing a computer; extensive reading
What We Offer:
- Continuous Growth Opportunities: As a member of a true startup you will learn by doing, and opportunities are limitless for those who want to grow their career.
- Team Collaboration: Work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment where your opinion and work counts. The Thankful leadership team runs an open door policy, meaning everyone has access to guidance, advice, and the ability to pitch crazy new products or ideas.
- Thankful Thursdays: Whether it’s our Monthly All Hands calls to catch you up on our success and all the cool things we’re doing or a virtual trivia afternoon - you’ll actually look forward to our company gatherings.
- Time Off: Unlimited PTO to empower employees to make decisions about work-life balance based on work and home needs.
- Holidays: Thankful recognizes 11 company holidays.
- Ownership: Equity/Stock Options in our rapidly growing company. Own a slice of the proverbial pie.
- Health Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision premiums 100% covered by Thankful for employees.
- 401K: Discretionary employer match: 50% of 401k, up to 6% of pay.
- Office Equipment: In addition to a company provided MacBook, you’ll receive a stipend for additional tools to keep you productive.
- Remote Friendly: WFH or out of our office based in Venice, California. Maybe a little bit of both - the choice is yours.
Thankful is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.