Engineering Manager at Brainium Studios
At Brainium, we keep things simple. We’re looking for passionate people that want to make great games. Together, we are building an industry-disrupting culture that supports peoples’ best work. We are about removing all roadblocks between you and career-defining success and, of course, having a whole lot of fun.
We are committed to pristine quality in everything we do. We provide world-class experiences for both the people who play our games and the people who help create them. We are looking for autonomous achievers, independent thinkers, and continuous improvement seekers.
Founded by college friends at the dawn of the App Store, we collectively work to keep that spirit of innovation and creativity alive as we continue to grow. We don't crunch, and we aren't "rock stars" or "ninjas". We work thoughtfully as a team to make great, dependable software.
If you want to be a part of something that aspires to elevate an industry, while working alongside people that are inspired by what they do, please apply. We’d love to pick your brain!
You’re an experienced engineering leader with hands-on experience shipping high-quality software. You have a background in software development and have strong experience in Project Management. You have a working knowledge of one or more programming languages (bonus points for C++). You have excellent time management skills and can prioritize multiple projects. You are comfortable having critical conversations with others but believe in giving people space and autonomy. You have a keen eye for quality and hold yourself to a very high standard. You embrace diversity and thrive in an environment where opinions are freely shared. You are a consistent and transparent communicator- and we promise we are too.
About the Job:
We are hiring based on experience with the salary range starting at $130K+. A day in the life of the Engineering Manager will look something like this:
- Managing a team of 5-8 Software Engineers in daily production
- Acting as the go-between and facilitating communication throughout projects and across all departments
- Project road mapping and tracking
- Negotiating engineering bandwidth
- Leading stand ups, team meetings, bug bashes, and employee 1-on-1s
- Communicating with executive leadership on timelines, costing, and progress toward business goals
About the Perks:
Some of the things that make Brainium different include:
- Fully paid medical/dental/vision insurance for the employee plus contribution towards dependent premiums
- Not only do we provide a healthy PTO offering, we also encourage you to get out there with a $2000 personal travel reimbursement that covers you and your travel companions.
- Continuing education and professional development benefits
- We offer a flexible 2 days remote, 3 days in office schedule, and a jaw-dropping dog-friendly office in Portland’s Pearl District
- Lots of snacks, weekly lunches, and as much cold brew/kombucha/sparkling water as you can drink
- Genuine respect for work/life balance (seriously… we don’t do 60-hour weeks or crunch time)
- A whole host of other awesome benefits to make you feel taken care of and valued
About the Process:
If you think this role sounds like a great fit for you, then let’s talk. Apply with your resume and cover letter. We can’t wait to talk to you!
Brainium is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.