Engineering Manager at Informa (Remote)
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careersJob Description
We at Taylor & Francis believe in the possibility of a better future and are investing significantly in our digital infrastructure to enable us to play a critical part in bringing it about. We have embarked on an ambitious programme to enhance our capabilities as a digital knowledge business and help bring about transformation towards end-to-end digital processes across T&F’s Researcher Services business.
You will be a passionate and driven member of our Content and Data Domain team working with colleagues from across Researcher Services, Product, Architecture, Business Analysis and Engineering to propose technical solutions that not only meet business needs but align to our longer-term technology roadmap.
As an Engineering Manager you’ll plays a key role in providing a robust solution to support our services and customers. You’ll lead a talented team of like-minded, driven Engineers working on some highly visible, large-scale projects with influence over a wide range of business and technology stakeholders.
Closing date: February 28, 2022
What you’ll be doing:
Collaborates with Enterprise and Data Architect’s to understand the organisational architectural vision, blueprint, guidelines, principles and Data Model.
Collaborate with Product Manager counterpart on ensuring the team is tackling the highest value work at the right time.
Reviews the proposed technical solution and approach with the purpose of Designing technically robust, flexible, and scalable solutions
Ensure that the team optimises codes while contributing to business goals and product strategies
Operate with scale and speed, amidst flux in the fast-paced environment
Set up best practices for development and overlook its adoption
Become instrumental in improving and implementing processes and values that scale effectively
Grow a diverse, highly skilled group of engineers, gaining fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace.
Create a learning environment for your team and act as a mentor for engineers and up and coming leaders.
Be willing to roll up your sleeves and debug/tune/code/fix alongside your team (Drive and teach technical incident response).
Provide technical mentorship to engineers building and deploying large-scale projects internationally.
Line manages one or more teams of Technical Lead and Software Engineers.
Drive hiring process, from scouting potential candidates to interviewing and helping close new hires.
Create clear career paths for team members and ensure their growth by mentoring them.
Evaluate performances regularly and share and seek feedback
- A strong technical acumen coupled with excellent people management skills
- Proven leadership skills as a line manager to a team. You set goals and objectives and offer advice, setting your team up for success
- Your style is collaborative and supportive, to encourage your team to continually optimise their code. Conduct and participate in technical design reviews.
- You’re a natural recruiter, passionate about building your team. Passionate about collaborative problem solving
- You’ve expertise in micro-services architecture, edge-computing, web-security, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and delivery with versioning control tools
- You’ve expertise in architecting, implementing, and managing high performance scalable J2EE applications on Linux/Unix platforms
- You’ve experience with deployments on cloud infrastructure (AWS, Docker, Kubernetes). Nice to have AWS Cloud certification
- You’ve hands-on expertise in building REST API’s – Patterns, Versioning, Resources, Security, etc.
- You’ve experienced in No-SQL(MongoDB) and RDBMS databases.
- You’re passionate about debugging and participating in code reviews with your team and your peers
- You’re a Technical evangelist – you love exploring and learning new things
- You can communicate equally effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- You’ve experience in leading an agile software development team using Scrum and/or Kanban
- You’ve experience in stakeholder management with strong verbal and written communication
- 25 days annual leave
- Volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
- You must have the right to work and live in United Kingdom
- This opportunity may be remote within the UK with preference given to candidates in proximity to Oxford
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.