As Engineering Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead a Platform engineering team responsible for building shared services that are the backbone of Thirty Madison. Our brand enablement teams work on products that are used by General Managers, Product Managers, Care Team Specialists, and Engineers to provide a best in class patient experience.
- Manage, guide, mentor, and coach 4 - 8 backend and frontend developers and help them meet business requirements and their career goals through 1:1s, performance evaluations, and advocating for raises and promotions
- Work closely with the Head of Engineering to develop a strong and sustainable engineering culture at Thirty Madison that embodies our mission of delivering modern, high quality, and accessible health care services
- Be a part of the engineering recruiting process from outreach and interviewing to interviewer training and onboarding new hires
- Be a connector across engineering teams to drive sound technical and architecture decisions that help effectively scale our products
You’re the right person for this role if you:
- You are a positive, inspiring, and supportive leader; a nurturer of talent
- A passion for building an inclusive team culture where engineers of a diverse set of backgrounds can grow.
- You have a track record of growing teams, continuous improvement, and have executed on validated solutions to reach the desired outcomes.
- You have been a part of shipping several successful products, ideally across domains
- A desire to build teams that others will learn from.
- You know how to balance team morale, while continuing to execute against ambitious timelines.
- You have experience managing stakeholders and pushing back on items that are not high priority.
- You are an excellent communicator and can provide non-technical explanations for highly technical projects.
#LI-JG05 #LI-Remote RQ2041
- Competitive salary packages and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
*Contractors and temps are not eligible for benefits.About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we’ve built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men’s hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for GI conditions), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We’re growing rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
We are honored to become Great Place to Work certified and be included on BuiltIn's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City, and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. We've also been recognized by Forbes' Best Startup Employers, being named as one of America's Best Places to Work 2022. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Contact us at [email protected] to request accommodation.
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
*Please be aware that there are fraudulent entities who are claiming to be affiliated with Thirty Madison in order to trick job seekers into divulging personal information or making payments based on false representations while impersonating Thirty Madison. These entities solicit money and personal information under the guise of offering you a position with Thirty Madison. The scammers use many methods to perpetuate these scams, including using Thirty Madison’s trademarks on their correspondence to potential victims. Thirty Madison takes the safety and integrity of those seeking employment with us very seriously and we work cooperatively with our legal team, security department and local authorities to address this issue. If you receive a job offer that claims to be from Thirty Madison, please take steps to confirm that it is legitimate by reviewing the offer carefully and contacting Thirty Madison directly if you have any concerns at all. Please note that Thirty Madison will never ask you for bank account or credit card information, and Thirty Madison will not charge you money to apply for a job with Thirty Madison.*