Engineering Manager at SpotOn (Detroit, MI)
SpotOn is a software and payments SaaS company with an omni channel software platform that has redefined the merchant service industry by providing businesses with tools and solutions to help grow and run their businesses. We are one of the fastest growing companies in fin-tech (growing from 50 to 1,100 employees in the past two and a half years). We rely on our products, our integrity, and a concierge like service team instead of tricky and misleading long term contracts. Our work, service and employees speak for themselves when it comes to merchant satisfaction.
We build easy-to-use tools, cutting edge POS systems and industry leading payment applications so businesses can increase their revenue and connect with their customers using rewards, deals, online reviews, and data analytics. A suite of solutions previously only available to big businesses with their own engineering teams. SpotOn brings this power to neighborhood stores, independent retailers, and small to mid-sized chains.
As an Engineering Manager at SpotOn, you will be responsible for growing our teams, providing solutions for our customers and making our platform world-class. Working with our Product and Design Teams, you will help with the creation of products from inception through execution. You must possess a unique blend of business, technical expertise and analytical skills. You will lead engineers and collaborate closely with designers, product managers, QA and other cross-functional team members within the organization to build a product that amazes and delights our users.
- Lead an engineering team to effectively execute product roadmaps and produce quality deliverables
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers (i.e. product, design, sales, support) and use strategic influence to shape product vision
- Recruit top-notch technical talent and provide mentorship to team members
- Guide architectural conversations to solve complex technical challenges
- Drive release process and deploy reliable products that are instrumented with logging, monitoring and alerting
- Hypothesize, measure and learn. Continuously test and leverage insights to inform decisions
- Be able to put yourself in our customer's shoes everyday
- Grow and mentor our engineering teams and learning culture
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience managing software teams
- Experience delivering complex powerful products that are made simple for our users
- Have brought services and products to market and have knowledge of payment apps such as PayPal, Stripe, etc...
- An analytical and metrics driven work style that leverages data to make informed decisions
- An ability to manage multiple responsibilities and multiple projects in an iterative process
Nice to haves:
- Data exploration and presentation skills
- Technical knowledge to facilitate conversations and understand challenges in engineering
… and here’s a bit about what we have to offer!
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation, holiday & sick time
- Fast-growing company with opportunities to advance
- 401K with matching
- An opportunity to build products used by tens of millions of customers
SpotOn is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.