Engineering Manager at Credit Karma (Charlotte, NC)
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 110 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
This is a cross-functional leadership role requiring partnership across various engineering teams, product and marketing stakeholders within Credit Karma, as well as managing external partners. If you have a technical background, possess high EQ, and are excited about helping our members gain access to world class financial products, you might make a great fit for this role.What you’ll do:
- Manage a growing engineering team with all levels. You’ll start small and get the opportunity to build a team as your responsibilities scale
- Roll up your sleeves and provide deep technical guidance to the team is an added plus
- Work collaboratively with product thought leaders and other engineering leads within the organization
- Along with people and technical leadership, you'll have the ability to balance hands-on contribution and program management for products your teams ship.
- Get to work on one of the key strategic verticals for Credit Karma
- Learn a lot doing it; we care about the art of engineering leadership, and believe in supporting our leaders through this journey
- Technically rewarding challenges backed by distributed systems at scale, data science, and experimentation-driven product development
- Autonomy to recruit and operate your own team and set direction, with guidance from senior leadership
- 5+ years of software engineering management experience
- Previous experience as a hands-on technical contributor
- Drive to lead by example, develop new leaders, and be a catalyst for change throughout the organization
- Thoughtful empathy while constantly challenging our current processes
- Influential communication skills which bring together product, engineering, and cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience delivering products in an agile environment
- Love of web and mobile products
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Please contact [email protected] if you are interested in employment with Credit Karma and need special assistance or an accommodation to either apply or interview for a specific role.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated (including eligible boosters) against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)