Chief is on a mission to change the face of leadership. Launched in 2019, Chief provides senior executive women with a vetted community of peers, a trusted support system, and business critical insights to strengthen their leadership and magnify their influence. We have been named one of Fast Company's “Most Innovative Companies” — and you can read more about us in Inc. and Forbes.
Chief is a fast-growing, Series B stage start-up backed by CapitalG, General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures and other top-tier investors who believe in our vision to drive more women to the top and keep them there. We have members across the United States with flagship locations in NYC, LA, Chicago and SF.
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are in our DNA, guiding everything we do and how we work. Knowing that our people are the most important driver of our success, we focus on building teams where the power of diverse voices, identities, perspectives, and experiences is celebrated.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections, engage in compelling discussions, and view our unique content through our digital platform. Our Product and Technology teams are building the future of that platform, with data and insights at its heart.About the Role:Chief is looking for multiple Engineering Managers to run one of our growing number of squads developing technology for our member platform. You will manage a team of 4-8 software engineers focused on one part of Chief’s platform. You and your partner on the Product Management team will create cohesive leadership focused on delivering timely, quality features for Chief’s members and internal teams. Responsibilities:
- Run an engineering (frontend, backend, full-stack, test) squad and partner closely with the corresponding product lead.
- You'll be hands-on, participating in all aspects of software development while providing technical leadership to a team of software engineers
- Lead and optimize the estimation process for stories and projects
- Ensure the core standards of the Engineering team are met, including maintaining code quality and best practices for deployment and observability
- Perform code reviews, grow the technical skills of your engineers
- Create and achieve measurable productivity goals for the team
- Foster a collaborative environment for engineers and help triage production issues
- Proven leadership and coaching skills. This is a player / coach role.
- A strong team mindset -- Product + Tech are one team.
- Experience delivering software at scale.
- Someone committed to doing things the right way, enforcing best practices and providing suggestions on how to improve our practices
- Excellent communicator and collaborator; able to work effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Experience as an early member of a startup team with exciting early traction
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry