LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
We are looking for a savvy Software Engineering Manager to help us build automation driven and AI-powered applications. The ideal candidate is an experienced leader with extensive experience in building APIs, Microservices, and who enjoys optimizing data driven systems and building them from the ground up. The candidate will collaborate with our software developers, database architects, product managers, and data scientists on projects ranging from ad hoc research to deploying and monitoring production grade applications.
The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data driven architecture, backend systems and user experience. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of re-designing our company’s application architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
In this role, you will:
- Evaluate and implement technologies that improve efficiency, performance, scalability and reliability.
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, learn new technologies, experiment with innovative solutions
- Hands-on with technology and ready to build and deploy production-grade applications
- Analyze and suggest automation, integrate AI-driven workflows, reduce manual involvement and increase our impact with highly reliable current / future applications
- Optimizing workflows, and re-design software infrastructure for greater scalability, availability and self-healing abilities.
- Collaborate both with engineering and organizational stakeholders to execute on our short and long-term roadmap
- Mentor and develop our engineers technically and professionally
- Scale up our impact by recruiting, interviewing, and hiring high-caliber software engineers
- 8+ years of experience in architecture and development of scalable software systems
- 5+ years of experience in development of system backends working with databases, SQL
- 3+ years of experience in leading teams in a high performing, agile driven culture
- 3+ years of experience in public cloud
- 3+ years of experience working with containerized applications
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or another quantitative field.
- Personal drive and impact, a desire to roll up the sleeves and make things happen
- Product thought leadership with technical curiosity and aptitude to quickly understand service capabilities, technical issues, and customer needs.
- Experience with cloud-based technologies across platform innovations and management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to navigate connections for the organization
- Experience in designing, delivering, and managing highly scalable, highly available, cloud scale, AI-powered software services.
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.