GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fin-tech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About the role:
GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for growing, managing, and mentoring a team of engineers focused on providing a platform for entrepreneurs in the beauty and wellness space to effectively run their businesses. As an early member of the engineering leadership team, you will help build the team’s technical vision and direction as well as establish processes and drive initiatives (both technical & people-focused!) that will drive improvements across the organization.
What you’ll do
- Mentor and manage a team of engineers, focusing on both their day-to-day engineering responsibilities as well as their longer term career aspirations
- Interview and source candidates to contribute to the exponential growth of the engineering team
- Prioritize and plan the work of the team alongside your engineers, product managers, and product designers
- Own the team's technical roadmap and direction, working closely with cross-functional teams across the organization
- Run regular product engineering-focused meetings to ensure alignment across your squad and other cross-functional business teams
- Implement new and effective engineering processes that emphasize quality and progress on key product initiatives
- Provide both technical and product leadership, empowering your team to deliver high quality work
- Create and maintain project schedules to help drive your team’s tasks to completion
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering with at least 1 year of experience managing a team of product engineers
- Proven ability to collaborate with product managers and designers to build plans, set expectations, and successfully deliver new products and features
- Strong recruiting skills, with a track record of quickly scaling high-quality teams
- Experience navigating ambiguous high-growth, fast-paced product-driven environments, with a high-level of responsibility and autonomy
- A high level of empathy our customers and a strong desire to deeply understand their needs
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.