Mentor, develop and grow team members on team for future needs and operational excellence
- Support, mentor, and coach as well as provide professional development for your team. Provide continuous feedback and opportunities for career development.
- Identify hiring needs and be the hiring manager for recruiting high quality engineers.
- Work through conflict management needs and team member relations needs with the help and direction from the People Team and your leader.
- Work collaboratively with the People Partner throughout the team member lifecycle, including, but not limited to hiring, onboarding, performance management, team member relations, and offboarding.
Responsible for team development objectives
- Build and grow a hardworking team of software developers and build an environment underpinned by Pie’s values and the team competency framework
- Collaborate across the team to assist in delivering on time and on scope overall team development objectives
Collaboration with Engineering, Product Leaders, and business stakeholders
- Communicating through various channels
- Clear communication and expectation setting of your team’s performance.
- Inspire and engage with your team while also interacting and collaborating with senior management and peers
- Collaborate with leaders in engineering, product management, and business stakeholders on roadmap, strategy, coordinating dependencies, etc. to effectively meet delivery and quality commitments
Provide guidance, act as a knowledgeable resource, and provide high level of competency in overall engineering best practices
- Provide technical mentorship and expertise as part of our design and development processes.
- Ensure team adheres to proper engineering process and be a champion for engineering process improvements
- Ensure team aligns with Pie and the Technology Team’s OKRs
The Right Stuff
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience is required
- 1 year of experience technically leading a small team on deliverables and/or project functions/areas is preferred
- Some experience mentoring peers and/or direct reports on their technical ability is preferred. A desire to mentor, coach, and develop engineers is required.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive overall engineering experience, or equivalent in education and related work experience is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work with geographically distributed team members successfully is required
- Knowledge of data engineering: data schemas, blob storage, relational databases, ETL pipelines, is preferred
- Proficient understanding of data analytics, e.g., machine learning, statistics, regression analysis is preferred
- High proficiency with modern CI/CD concepts (continuous integration and delivery, project management and reporting tools, Gitlab, CI/CD tools, Jira, Confluence, etc.) is preferred
- Advanced understanding of software development, including test design and lifecycle, is preferred
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Paid sick leave
- Commuting allowance
- Future focused 401k match
- Modern office space with onsite gym
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave