Engineering Manager at PrizePicks (Atlanta, GA or Remote)
Who We Are
Love sports? Attracted to the startup hustle? This role might be perfect for you!
PrizePicks is the largest independently owned Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) platform in North America. Centered around real-money more/less predictions, PrizePicks allows sports fans to play against the numbers rather than each other, and it is the simplest variety of daily fantasy sports with the widest breadth of sports coverage of any DFS operator. Boasting partnerships to date with the Atlanta Falcons, Atlanta Braves, and Miami Marlins, as well as Ghost Gaming, PrizePicks is currently the closest legal alternative to legal mobile sports betting in the majority of the United States. With an existing digital footprint covering more than 70 percent of the U.S. population, PrizePicks is the most accessible type of game for the masses.
The company is headquartered in Atlanta, remote is an option for the immediacy of this position. If you would like to view our product, it can be found on the App Store and Google Play, as well as on the web at prizepicks.com.
About This Role
Love sports, technology and rocket ship trajectories? PrizePicks is looking to hire an Engineering Manager to join our technical team.
You’ll work closely with internal partners to plan, develop, coordinate, and direct a product team within the PrizePicks ecosystem
What you’ll do
- Owns the technical aspect of a domain specific area.
- Supervises, coordinates, and reviews work.
- Estimates personnel needs and schedules.
- Assigns and reviews work to meet completion date.
- Evaluate performance, resolve complaints, and make recommendations.
- Defines, plans and measures success metrics.
- Removes technical and personnel hurdles for the team to succeed.
- Works with higher-level staff to set expectations and coordinate on work to be delivered.
What you have
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated advanced experience with domain area programming language.
- Track record of being an Engineering Manager for product teams to drive the desired result from complex requirements.
In addition to your competitive salary, medical/dental/vision coverage plans and matching 401(k), we’ll shower you with perks including:
- Break room with ping pong, end endless snacks and in-office lunch once a week
- Unlimited PTO to encourage a healthy work/life balance
- A modern work schedule focused on getting the job done well, not hours clocked
- Company and team outings, we encourage a tight-knit workplace
- Open office layout promotes collaboration, conversation and teamwork to drive results
- Significant opportunity for growth and career development
- Remote or Onsite (Atlanta, GA)
PrizePicks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.