Job Title: Engineering Manager
Reporting to: Head of Engineering
Location: London or Nottingham (Hybrid or UK Remote)
Liberis is transforming business finance. We use the latest technology to make it simple and flexible for small businesses to secure funding. Since our inception we have helped more than 15,000 small businesses access over £390 million in funding. We believe that small businesses are the economic lifeblood of local communities, yet they continue to be underserved by traditional banks and financial services organisations. We are committed to supporting them by:
- Offering simple, fair finance to small businesses to help them thrive
- Providing easy access to flexible funding through our innovative technology platform
- Empowering our partners with finance solutions to increase the lifetime value of their small business customers.
We are in a very exciting period of growth, both within the UK and internationally, with teams based in London, Nottingham, USA and Scandinavia. As we continue to grow we are looking for talented and ambitious individuals to join us to reshape business finance and continue to support our partners and customers in the underserved SME market.
We are proud to have been included in The Sunday Times Hiscox Tech Track 100 as one of the 100 fastest growing FinTechs in the UK for two years running.
The team behind the technology
Liberis was born with a strong purpose and it’s at the heart of who we are today.
Behind our technology is a really strong and united team, dedicated to helping our partners have the positive impact on businesses that we all want to see.
Most of us are driven by the idea of helping businesses grow and achieve their ambitions. Some of us just love creating technology that solves a problem. Either way, we believe in what we do, and we enjoy doing it. We’re particularly proud to have been formally recognised by Great Place To Work as one of the UK’s Best (Medium) Workplaces, as well as the 3rd Best (Medium) Workplace For Women and a centre of Excellence For Wellbeing.
We are serious about Scrum, as well as continuous deployment and integration. Insights gained for real customer experiences help us continuously improve their online experience and optimise our partner integrations.
Who are you?
You understand that working as part of an empowered team is the best way to deliver at velocity. You are equally at home working with stakeholders, developing solutions yourself or coaching the team to solve the challenges you face today in a way that builds for the future. Leading by example comes naturally, motivating your team to keep up with your pace.
We think you'll need?
- Experience leading a development team on successful roadmap deliveries
- A strong knowledge and substantial working experience of one or more of the following:-
- Designing and building SOAP and/or REST APIs
- Azure BI Toolset
- A proven track record delivering cloud based solutions on Microsoft Azure
- Ability to work closely with stakeholders and other teams around the business
- Excellent communicator and fluent in English
- Experience in Agile development methodologies and fluent in English
What will you be doing here?
- Leading a cross functional team of developers responsible for delivering the roadmap.
- Subject matter expert for your area both internally and with Liberis’ partners
- A key contributor to the architectural governance to ensure efficiency, scalability & security
- Act as mentor and guide to the engineers in your team, setting the example not only in work ethic, but also in delivering world-class solutions
- Working closely with the Head of Engineering and peers on CI/CD pipelines
- Recruitment in your team and supporting recruitment in other engineering teams.
* We are continually building on our values-driven and culturally diverse community and encourage applications from all candidates irrespective of gender, race, age, sexual-orientation, or background.
What we can offer you?
- Company wellbeing programme – running club, nutritionist sessions, free fruit and
- healthy snacks, mental health framework
- Health insurance
- Eyecare vouchers
- Flu jab
- Company pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Performance related bonus
- Financial wellbeing initiatives
- Salary sacrifice schemes for Cycle to Work and Technology purchases
- Season Ticket Loan
- Charitable giving
- Generous holiday entitlement including an extra 3 days holiday to cover the
- Christmas period
- Flexible working
- Team away days
- Regular company socials
What happens next?
Think this sounds like the right next move for you? If you’re not completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, get in touch! Humility is a wonderful thing and we are interested in hearing about what you can add to Liberis. You can reach us at [email protected] - we look forward to chatting with you!