Luxury Presence is a rapidly growing Bessemer-backed SaaS startup that enables real estate agents to manage their online presence. We are moving fast to be a one stop shop for everything from websites to marketing services. If building scalable infrastructure to host tens of thousands of small business websites, architecting an interactive website builder, or scaling platforms interests you — then you would be a great fit for our engineering & development teams.
Who is the Website Platform Squad?
The Website Platform squad owns our Website Builder, Render Engine and Website Hosting Architecture. The squad is fully immersed in the challenges of abstracting html/css and how to enable real estate agents and brokerages to build and customize their website. This team regularly interfaces with the Platform and Data Squads for CMS and MLS Data in addition to the Creative Team for templated HTML content. Currently the render engine is responsible for rendering up to 30,000 static pages a minute and the team is working to optimize its services for new use cases. We are growing quickly and working to scale our underlying technology to handle the challenges of supporting enterprise clients and large brokerages.
Our Technology Stack:
- React / StyledComponents / Apollo / SingleSPA
- Node/Typescript Microservices
- Python ETLs
- Postgres / ElasticSearch / DynamoDB
- AWS / Kubernetes / Lambda
Responsibilities - What you will do as an Engineering Manager:
- Manage a team of up to 6 senior and staff engineers.
- Work directly with a product and design counterpart to create and deliver on a technical and product facing roadmap.
- Partner with architecture and external development teams to design reusable frameworks and technical solutions.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Conduct code reviews and help dictate the technical direction of the platform.
- Participate and run squad ceremonies and team events (lunch & learn, brainstorms, etc.).
- Be a force multiplier for the squad to ensure they are unblocked and finding consistent momentum and velocity.
Skills And Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience managing senior engineering teams as they build web based applications.
- Experience with data-driven architecture and systems design, RESTful APIs, microservices architecture.
- Proficiency utilizing SQL, NoSQL, in-memory and distributed SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, AuroraDB).
- Strong communication skills to ensure alignment between key objectives and the squads work.
- A keen ability to get to decisions quickly and for unblocking a software development team.
- The ability to communicate technical information to non-technical stakeholders including potential customers, leadership, and internal stakeholders.
- Strong understanding and implementation of cloud-native architectures (AWS serverless or containers preferred) at scale in production.
- Proven success working in Agile environments (Scrum, Kanban, etc.).
Who we are: Luxury Presence is the real estate industry's most powerful marketing platform, providing award winning websites and cutting edge tech to the world’s top agents.
Founded in 2016 by Stanford Business School alumni Malte Kramer, Luxury Presence currently serves over 8000 clients in the U.S. and Canada with its SaaS model — including over 20 of the top 100 WSJ real estate agents and teams. In addition, Luxury Presence is the official website partner to some of the industry's most powerful brokerages.
The Los Angeles-based SaaS company raised $25.9 million for its Series B round. Bessemer Venture Partners led the round alongside fellow existing investors Toba Capital and Switch Ventures. Former Dallas Mavericks basketball player Dirk Nowitzki also participated in the round, along with other angel investors.
Its solutions include stunning website design, an engaging home search tool, an agent-to-agent listing referral network, powerful content & SEO strategies, expert-lead social media management, and digital advertising for lead generation. In 2020, Luxury Presence was recognized as a Best Place to Work by BuiltinLA and by Inc. as the 322nd fastest growing private company in America and then again in 2021 — LP ranked 598th.
Luxury Presence is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.