Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
The Infrastructure org has the mission of building, connecting, and delivering the compute orchestration environment, storage and data systems, and essential platform services behind all of Reddit.
We are looking to hire an experienced Engineering Manager, to build and grow a team supporting Reddit’s critical Network Infrastructure. This is a high impact role where you will drive related technical strategy, operations, architecture, and execution for one of the largest sites in the world.
- Build, hire and lead a high-calibre team of software engineers and systems engineers.
- Design, write, and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Reddit’s products to our users.
- Lead, coordinate, and execute a coherent vision for Traffic and Transport infrastructure that supports and enables Reddit’s growth.
- Be responsible for delivering Reddit’s next generation of network interconnects both for traffic ingress to reddit.com as well as all internal service level interconnects.
- Coach and mentor engineers on the team to further their professional development.
- Set and support a culture of metrics driven quality, with efficient processes and strong transparency.
- 3+ years experience of managing a team of software engineers.
- 5+ years of experience developing internet-scale software, preferably in cloud networking infrastructure roles.
- Strong track record of managing a team including hiring, onboarding, and professional development.
- Experience and capability with cloud infrastructure systems, including CDNs, load balancers, service meshes, DNS, and HTTP.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages; Python, Go, Rust, Java, C++.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].