Engineering Manager - Software Engineering at Fivetran
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Fivetran is looking for an Engineering Manager to join the engineering leadership team. You will be working closely with engineers and product managers to build the future of the Fivetran Data Platform. We encourage both new and seasoned engineering leaders to apply.
As an Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of engineers, and coordinate with other stakeholders at the company, including product management, support engineers, and sales engineers. You will take full responsibility for the quality, efficiency, and reliability of your focus areas; and you will build and maintain a team that reliably delivers excellent results while maintaining a culture of engagement, fairness, and continuous improvement.As an Engineering Manager at Fivetran, you will:
- Become an expert with database and replication technologies
- Become an expert with our ELT pipeline and drive new feature development and optimization initiatives
- Coach and mentor engineers on the team and help them advance in their careers
- Recruit engineers that are amongst the best in the industry, from outreach through close
- You will diagnose and resolve obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software
- Manage the processes necessary to operate the team effectively
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as part of the engineering management team
- You will foster an atmosphere of continuous improvement as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor to your team
- Strong track record as an IC delivering high impact software, with EM or Lead experience.
- Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to motivate teams to produce high quality software
- Aptitude in decision making and problem-solving
- Demonstrated competency in development processes, project and program leadership
- Ability to develop and communicate across teams to get an effective vision and get buy-in from stakeholders
- Demonstrated technical skills in at least one of the following areas: database technologies, performance engineering, data pipines
- Java programming experience
- Experience in data processing (ETL, ELT) and/or cloud-based platforms
- Experience in designing and developing file, event, application, or database connectors
- Experienced working in a cloud environment utilizing AWS, GCP, Postgres, Kubernetes, Docker, CircleCI, or similar technologies
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Integrity, Initiative, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.